Saturday, January 20, 2007

Busy, busy week

Hi everyone!

We have had a very busy week this week and boy, am I pooped! :-)

Tuesday we had park with our homeschool group. That was fun and the kids were all happy to see their friends again after the long Christmas break and then vacation. I was, too! :-) Thankfully, we got all our school done, but it was late in the day when we finished.

Wednesday, Savannah had an orthodontist appt., which made her happy because she could change her rubberbands from red/green to orange/green. Man, I wish they had had that when I had braces! I had nothing to look forward to going to the orthodontist! Anyway, I actually got to Curves that day and worked out. I tried a different time, but I'm not sure how it's going to work out. I've just got to find a good time and go regularly. I'm trying to find the right time, but when I think I do, it doesn't seem to work well the next time. I think it's just the enemy annoying me, don't you? Oh well. I went and had a good workout. Later that day, we went grocery shopping and other errands and then to church that night. The kids were so looking forward to seeing (this batch of) friends, but one of our hs moms who Savannah babysits for her called her to sit that night. She had a baby last week and had to leave her in the hospital, so this was her "touchy-feely" time and Dad had to go into work. I knew S. was excited to go to church, so I left it up to her, and I'm so proud of her, because she chose to go babysit (without pay) so the mom could visit the baby. We have so many times of struggle, S. and I, but it's times like this that I see glimpes of who she will be someday. It encourages me that she's going to be ok, amid all the teen struggles.

Thursday, Ashton went to her first basketball practice and had fun. She likes her coach and made a couple friends. That was good. I also made dinner for the mom from yesterday and in the late evening, had a meeting for our homeschool groups Executive Committee (I'm the pres.). We met at Denny's, thankfully, cause we didn't get done til 11:30! I guess it's better to go late and not have to have as many meetings.

Yesterday, we had a guy come and give us an estimate on replacing all the windows in our house. We bought this house 14 years ago, damaged from a hurricane, so each year we're doing one more thing. We really liked this guy, so when he calls on Monday with the estimate, I hope it's good so we can get on with it. I'm very excited to have new windows, which will all actually open (half our don't open cause of damage and rust), especially since we don't have a/c yet. After windows comes tenting and then....A/C!!!! Yay!!!!!!! :-)

This morning, Nicky took Savannah to her shooting team and I actually get to hang out at home til about 11. I'll pick her up and bring her home to watch the boys, take Ashton to her girls club thing, and then home. LAter tonight, S. has to babysit and A. will babysit for us, since our Sunday School class is having our Christmas party tonight. Yes, Christmas party. We decided last year to wait till after the hustle of the holidays and it worked out great. It was so relaxing and we had such a great time that we decided to do it again this year. So, we take white elephant gifts, have dinner, and sing Christmas carols. It's a lot of fun.

Speaking of the Christmas party, I did something I've never done. I made a yule log cake. I'm so excited! My mom makes one every year for Chrismtas, but I've never made one. So, when I was at her house, I got the recipe and I finished it this morning. It's not as pretty as hers, but it's pretty darn good for a first-timer. I'm proud. :-)

Verse for the day: "I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live." Deuteronomy 30:19

Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)

No comments: