Monday, January 15, 2007

Home again, Home again, Jiggity jog!

Well, we made it home safely (thanks for the prayers!) and we're jumping back into reality with both feet! I didn't have any time yesterday to write, as I was unpacking and washing clothes and putting away all our new Christmas presents. So, here I am today, finally having a minute or two to write. Whew!

Today we started school back up. The girls have finished most of it and we're taking a lunch break. It's hard when all the neighborhood kids are out of school, cause they think that we are, too. Why wouldn't we be?? What they don't realize is that last week while they were in school, we were on vacation. So, of course this morning, they showed up wanting to play and I had to send them away. (I'm so mean!) And, the a/c on the van broke while we were in NC, which means not only no air, but no heat or defroster, either. THAT was fun! Thankfully, it wasn't as cold as it usually is. So, first thing this morning, I took the car in to the shop to have the air fixed. They already called me and said it might be done by 6 tonight. Yea! Only one day with no car!

When we picked up our mail yesterday there were two bills from doctors, who I have to call the insurance company about. I just hate medical billing, don't you?? None of them know what anyone else is doing, so you get billed by people you shouldn't and get double billed... it's such a pain. So, I've already paid these bills, but keep getting "reminders" (a nice way of saying threats!) from them. And, to top it all off, I'm trying to cut down to two Diet Cokes per day, so what do I have now? A caffeine headache!! Too bad I can't just go to bed. :-) Hmmm...

Remember I told you that I was going down to SC to see some friends? Can you believe that it actually started snowing at my mom's about 20 minutes after we left and kept on for about 3 - 4 hours! And, we missed the whole thing! I couldn't believe it! We missed winter! Just Kidding! But, we did miss the snow. Too bad. Maybe next time!

Some of you know that 4 years ago my dad was killed in a motorcycle accident. (He had been riding for more than 40 years and even raced when I was a kid, so was a VERY experienced rider.) For the first 2/2.5 years or so, when I went to NC, I always went to the crash site, usually alone or with Nicky. I went to the grave, too, with the marker and all, but I just felt closer to him at the crash site. I guess because that was the last place he had been alive. Like he was just there. Thankfully, he was a Christian, so I know he's in heaven with Jesus, but I just liked going there. Some of my family thought it was kind of morbid, but I liked it. But, this time, I sneaked out all alone and went there, and didn't really feel anything. It was kind of weird, because I was just there. No sadness, no closeness, nothing. Just standing on a corner looking at some pavement (and a cross Nicky made with my dad's initials on it). It was like he was really gone. I went to the grave, too, and again, nothing. I guess my mind has finally accepted him being gone. I wonder if that's how Jesus' disciples felt after He left. I know they got to actually see Him go, but did they ever just go to the places they had been with Him at? Did they get to a point of feeling that He was really gone? I never realized the true meaning of Jesus being our Hope until my dad's death. God's Hope is oh so much bigger than the world's definition of hope. The world's hope is just such a watered-down version of true Hope. I'm so grateful that I have that Hope. Life would be so hopeless, literally, without it. Today's verse is: "To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Colossians 1:27

If I get a chance to breathe this week, I'll write again. Have a great week!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)

No comments: