Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Purple!

If you know me, you know that my favorite color is purple. It always has been. It doesn't even have to be any specific shade of purple. I love them all!

When I was little, my mom was frustrated that I was so obsessed with purple. I remember one day my aunt told my mom not to worry because I'd eventually outgrow it. I didn't.
When I was 16, I had a purple comforter and purple telephone in my room. Finally, when I was 19, my parents let me paint my room purple. I was already dating Nicky, so he helped me cut in the corners, then he promptly fell asleep on my purple comforter while I rolled the walls. When I was done, I woke him up to show him and he said it was like waking up in a kool-aid can. lol

When we decided to get married, I warned him that I was going to have purple for the main color. He simply said, "OK", knowing he had no choice. lol He's so patient, dealing with my purple obsession. He's even bought me several pieces of purple/amethyst jewelry. Not the most expensive stuff, but definitely the prettiest (to me).

I've even painted the girls' room purple...when they were little. I'd love to do it again,but I think I'd have a mutiny on my hands!

I keep saying someday when Nicky's out of town, I'm going to paint our bedroom purple. Now, if I can just figure out how to move my massive furniture! lol
And, of course, my favorite flower is purple Peruvian lilies.
Well, now you know what to get me for my birthday in 2 weeks....anything purple! lol Hope you all have a great day!

3 comments:

Truth said...

Purple is a nice color. I think you should find a way to move that bedroom furniture!

Anonymous said...

I gave up a long time ago loosing the "Mylinda purple thing". Could be worse. Enjoy your purple, baby. love, Mom

MyLinda said...

Hmmm, maybe it's the name. My name is MyLinda and I LOVE purple. In fact just a few months ago I made my hubby paint the bathroom purple!