Ashton made this sweet angel hair dish with raisins, which tasted fine, but was kinda weird having sweet spaghetti noodles. lol But, I must say, it was the absolute easiest Bangladesh recipe we could find. Man, were those recipes difficult!Here's Indy with his Belgium project. We made waffles with powdered sugar for his display. I don't have a Belgium waffle maker, so I used my regular one, but I used an actual Belgium waffle recipe. And, boy, was it good! Didn't even need syrup! All the kids kept coming back for more til the whole box was nearly gone! lol
Levi didn't make a project, but he enjoyed going around trying all the different foods! lol
It's a neat thing because each person submits two questions, the answers to which can be found on their display. Then, that day, all readers get the question sheet, with questions from all the countries, and when it's complete, they get a little prize. So they have to actually look at and read the displays, hopefully learning something. The non-readers get a little "passport" to take around to each country and get stamped. Once theirs is complete, they get a prize, too. It's a lot of fun. I think next year we'll only do one country, if Ashton's in school. We'll see.
Levi didn't make a project, but he enjoyed going around trying all the different foods! lol
It's a neat thing because each person submits two questions, the answers to which can be found on their display. Then, that day, all readers get the question sheet, with questions from all the countries, and when it's complete, they get a little prize. So they have to actually look at and read the displays, hopefully learning something. The non-readers get a little "passport" to take around to each country and get stamped. Once theirs is complete, they get a prize, too. It's a lot of fun. I think next year we'll only do one country, if Ashton's in school. We'll see.
1 comment:
Awww, now I'm really homesick!!! It looks great. I wonder who did the United Arab Emirates?
How are things going for you all? We haven't chatted in a while. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment