Saturday, October 04, 2008

Some Fun Stuff

I know this week has been slow on here and I'm sorry, but I've been really busy. I just can't seem to find the time in the last couple weeks to sit and work on blogging. Ugh. So, the next couple posts are going to be stuff from the last 2 weeks. Here's the first one...
One day I found Levi sitting at the dining table "reading" the comics from the previous Sunday's newspaper. I thought it was so cute and he seemed to be really enjoying them!! lol

The next day we went with our homeschool group to a local art museum. It was a really neat museum and I'd love to go back again with just Ashton and maybe Indy. It was definitely not a "Levi place". lol One thing neat happened, though. For the last month or so Indy and I have been doing a study on Claude Monet. We've looked at books with some of his paintings and even seen some print copies up close. I had Indy copy one of the paintings himself with colored pencils and he did a pretty good job. Anyhoo, when we went to the museum, they took us on a tour, which only included 5 pieces. It was pretty disappointing that we didn't get to see more, but it was good that we weren't there much longer because Levi was getting restless. So, at the end of the tour, Indy asked me if they had any Monets. I told him I didn't think so, but he could ask. See, when we were doing our study, I looked online at a map of all the locations that had original Monets and So. Florida wasn't one of them. I only saw them in places like Washington, D.C., Chicago, New York, etc. So, when he asked the tour guide and she said, "Yes, we have one. Would you like to see it?" We were sooo excited! Apparently, it wasn't one of his more famous ones, since I hadn't seen it in any of the books we got from the library, but it was an original. The lady took us to it and we got to see it, standing just about 3 feet away from it. It was sooo exciting for both of us. I really thought he'd never get to see one, at least not now, but he did! And, boy was he happy. He came home and told everyone! So, that was really exciting for us.

And, a couple days later, our "culture-ness" went right out the window, when we had some whipped cream and began squirting it in everyone's mouth! Ha ha. All our family, except Nicky got a dose. Here's Indy and Levi with their whipped cream. Yes, all that white stuff in Levi's hands is the whipped cream that wouldn't fit in his mouth. Needless to say, I wasn't the squirter, because if I had been, I would have only put in enough to fit in the mouths! lol Savannah was the guilty squirter this time!!!

Well, that was a fun few days. More to come tomorrow!! Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Wow you guys have been having fun!! I would have been really excited about the Monet too. Good thing you thought to ask.

I love the pic of Levi reading the comics. He looks so serious!

Can't wait to see you!