Saturday, October 11, 2008

Disney World!

Guess what I did last week?? I made reservations for a weekend at Disney World for just me and Nicky! In January we will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we're going to Disney World!! Yay! We're farming the kids out to family and friends and we'll have a whole weekend to ourselves!! We'll hardly know what to do! Hardly..... ;-)

We're going to eat at the top of Cinderella's Castle one night for dinner. I've never done this before, but Nicky did when he was little. I'm sooo excited and I think that will be just wonderful! I'm not sure what all we'll do, but I'd like to go around and look at some of the hotels. I know they're all decorated so interestingly with their themes, but I've never seen any of them except the Wilderness Lodge, which I love, by the way. So, I think we'll check them all out. That will be fun. I may try to do a Luau at the Polynesian one night. We'll see. I don't know how much that costs, but it will be fun.

One of my friends told me, when I was lamenting the cost of the nice hotels, that I could save some money by packing our lunch daily and even bringing cereal and milk or pastries of some kind to our room for breakfast. I told her that every time we go on vacation anywhere I always make our lunch and have breakfast stuff in the room because of the size of our family. It's the only way we can afford to feed our family and still have fun. If we ate out all the time, we'd have no money left to do anything fun, so we only usually eat out once or maybe twice and usually for dinner. The rest of the time we pack it. Anyway I told her that this time it was only me and Nicky and we were celebrating our anniversary and that I wasn't packing anything except maybe some snacks and that we were eating out every single meal!! lol She laughed and understood. So, needless to say, I'm really looking forward to this trip. I'll write all about it when we get back and after Christmas I'll put up a new countdown clock. You know, I just really like those things. I don't know why, but I do. As a matter of fact, I've even got a little chalk one going for Christmas. It's only 74 days you know. You better get shopping!! But, I digress. I just wanted to share my excitement about our trip! I'm sure you'll be hearing lots more about it. Hope you have a great weekend!!
Blessings! :-)

3 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

Very cool! I know how much you love Disney, sounds like the perfect vacation!

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Oh, you guys are going to have so much fun!!! You are gonna do all the stuff I want to do, but am too cheap to spring for. Let me know what you think of the luau if you end up doing it. We went for a few days during our honeymoon and it's so much fun for a couple without kids!! I'm excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip. We have reservations to go on a MOMYS retreat in Orlando in Dec. We're going to the Holy Land Experience. The whole family is going. We rarely plan something like this so far in advance. Can't wait. Kathy