Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Crash

Did I tell you about Ashton's crash? As a matter of fact, I think it was the same day as the Johnny Appleseed thing at the park. Anyhoo, she was playing on the playground with a few friends and they were playing tag. She looked behind her to see where the "It" was and as she turned around again, she ran right into a metal bar on the playground. Her shoulder took the brunt of it, but it also hit her jaw & cheek. And, she hit it so hard she was knocked to the ground and twisted the same ankle she sprained just a couple weeks prior. She was a mess and was miserable all afternoon. That evening, I took her back to the urgent care center because she was having pain raidiating from her jaw and cheek up into her ear, head, and neck. Even her back hurt. When we went to the urgent care, they x-rayed her ankle....again....and also her face, just in case. I knew her jaw wasn't broken because she was not in enough pain and she was able to talk decently. I told her that even though she was miserable and in pain that tomorrow she'd be sooo sore she would have a hard time moving. I was right and she lived on motrin for a day or two. But, she recovered quickly and I don't think she resprained her ankle, only twisted it. Whew! Anyway, here are a couple pictures of her in the urgent care center. (She always complains there's not enough entries on my blog of her! lol)

1 comment:

Emmy K said...

:(

was that at the homeschool park?