Thursday, October 09, 2008

Presents

Why is there a shoe, turtle food, a little car, a video controller, painting items, and other misc. items next to my computer? Can you guess what all this is?


Why, presents, of course! Presents? Yes, presents from Levi!

For some unknown reason, he decided to wrap some presents for me and give them to me. I think all my kids have done this at one time or another and I think it's adorable. He got one item at a time, "wrapped" it in newspaper, and gave it to me. He got such a thrill from me "opening" the gifts that he would immediately go find something else to wrap and give me. Of course, I acted sooo excited to receive each item.


I'm not sure if this is something all kids do, but I think it really fosters a spirit of giving when we act excited to receive something. You should have seen the look on Levi's face when I opened each gift and was so happy. He just loved that!

If any of your kids have gone through this, leave me a comment and LMK. I'd be interested to see if any of your kids have done this too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My kids are TOO old...I can't remember. But we did always have them give gifts to each other, us, grandparents, etc. Everybody knows that receiving gifts is fun. That is why it is important to teach children that "giving" gifts can be a lot of fun, too. Levi is always so cute. love, Mom