So, our homeschool group had a Johnny Appleseed day where everyone made some sort of apple item. Ashton tried some apple cookies, but somehow they didn't work. We're still not sure what went wrong, but I guess you can't win them all, right? Anyway, I decided applesauce would be something easy that the boys could actually do themselves. They took turn peeling the apples and then cutting them. Here Levi is cutting...
And, here Indy is cutting the apples...
Then they took turns putting the ingredients in the pot on top of the apples.... sugar....
water...
Then they stirred until it was well blended.
More stirring....

Then we put the concoction onto boil. It cooked for awhile and then we mushed it all up real good (you like my grammar there?? lol). Finally we added a little cinnamon and put it in the fridge to cool. They both tried it, but funny enough, neither one liked it. lol Oh well, I guess it's the experience that counts.
At the park event, they also heard a story about Johnny Appleseed and planted an apple seed. They will grow here, but not bear any fruit. Bummer. Indy's is actually growing pretty well, but I think Levi's is dead. Oh well.
BTW, you like the boys in the pj's?? Ahh, the joys of homeschooling....you can cook in your pj's. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment