Let's start with the bathroom. I always hang something on the door.

These are on the little wooden shelf we have in there. This "witch" cat is the closest thing I have to witches in the house. My rule for Halloween has been that we only decorate with things God made, like pumpkins, bats, black cats, spiders, ect. We don't do witches, ghosts, or evil or scary things. Anyhoo, the cloth under these is a cloth napkin. The pumpkin house is a tealight candle holder. I do not light a candle where Levi can get to it. lol

These plastic pumpkins are on the back of the toilet. I bought them at Joann Fabrics for like 2 bucks each. I thought they were cute.

Now to the living room... This is one of my favorite decorations. It's a five-step jack-o-lantern. The top one is just a regular pumpkin. The second one has the top cut off with the seeds beside it. The third-fifth are the details and finished product. You can see it closer in the next picture.

It's made of wood.

This is another wall hanger.

Every September, I buy a bunch of brownish/reddish eucalyptus for the living room. I put it in a big vase. It's pretty and makes the house smell great!
This is a bunch of dried flowers and a big cushioned pumpkin pot. I love the pumpkin pot and I put all our Halloween give-away candy in here on the big day. It's on a little bookshelf by the front door.
I love having lights strung up inside the house! I always hang Christmas lights inside. I figure I can enjoy them more inside where I can look at them. We only have one string of orange lights, but it gives the house a cozy feel when we turn off the big lights to watch tv.
This is a little wooden "house" I have on the wall. I change its contents each month or season, as I want. Next month will have a bunch of Thanksgiving figurines. You can get some really cute things at the dollar store. Most of these came from there.
This a set of preschoolish decorations I bought at the school supply store last year. The boys really like putting these up. I hang them on the glass on the entertainment center.
Each year, as soon as we see these little pumpkins in the grocery store, we get so excited! I let each child buy one (They're only like $.99!) and they usually take a black sharpie and draw a face. Then we display them on top of he tv til they start rotting.
This another hanging thing.
And this.... this is my little countdown chalkboard for Christmas! I store it with my fall decorations and start the countdown on Sept.16, when it's 100 days til Christmas! My kids say I'm addicted to Christmas, but I don't think so. What do you think? :-)

Ok, so now we're outside the front door. This is a metal stick-in-the-ground pumpkin. I really like it!
On the front door I have a pumpkin hanging thing and this little wreath on the mailbox. That poor wreath went through Hurricane Andrew! Beside it, we have spider webs. We really like spider webs and put them everywhere!

And this.... this is my little countdown chalkboard for Christmas! I store it with my fall decorations and start the countdown on Sept.16, when it's 100 days til Christmas! My kids say I'm addicted to Christmas, but I don't think so. What do you think? :-)
Ok, so now we're outside the front door. This is a metal stick-in-the-ground pumpkin. I really like it!
On the front door I have a pumpkin hanging thing and this little wreath on the mailbox. That poor wreath went through Hurricane Andrew! Beside it, we have spider webs. We really like spider webs and put them everywhere!
Sometimes (like this year) I buy a cheap bale of hay to decorate with. Then we use it during the winter to keep the turtles warm. If it doesn't get rained on, then mold, that is! lol


Well, that's pretty much it. We also watch some "fall" movies like the Charlie Brown Halloween and Thanksgiving and "Fly Away Home."
Anyway, that's pretty much it. On another note, I'm not being able to change my text size with this layout, but I really like the design, so I'm going to try one more thing tonight. Check back tomorrow to see what worked out. Hope you all have a wonderful week!
5 comments:
Very cute, I remember some of those decorations :)
Hey! I recognize that tv!!
Love the decorations. I never thought to decorate my bathroom for fall. Cute ideas!
Looking good. Now all you need is a box of leaves. love, Mom
Hi Mylinda, Did you get my answer to your question about my polka dots? I answered it under your comment so you'll have to revisit to see it...anyway, I changed my background and header again. Go see it. It's the most decorating for fall that I have done, lol. I can't believe how much you have in decorations. Where do you keep it all??? I have never, in all my life living here in Florida, gotten into the fall thing. Just not in me, I guess. Did you know you can get those tiny pumpkins for 50 cents at the pumpkin patches? I went to the one on 104 Street (and 123 Ave) at Central Pres. Church. They had a better display than the church on 77th Ave. and 104th. Take a look at our pictures I posted.
Take care, Kathy
Oh, I forgot to show you this...go to this blog that I read and see this woman's front porch. She makes the most beautiful fall display I've ever seen.
http://creationsfrommyheart.blogspot.com/2008/10/get-cup-of-coffeesit-back-and-enjoy.html
I think she's located in Michigan.
Kathy
Post a Comment