Monday, April 14, 2008

Science Fair

Ok, so don't faint...I'm actually back and bearing photos! Whew! Finally! And, boy do I have a lot to share!

Today's pictures are of the science fair our homeschool group held. Well, the pictures are of the kids and their projects, but not the actual science fair because I forgot to take my camera. Can you believe it?? ME?? With no camera?? How's that for shocking?? lol But, the good news is that my friend did have her camera and she took some pix of my kids doing their presentations, so when she sends them to me, I'll post them along with the stories of the presentations.

For now, though, all you get is pictures of their projects and their participation awards.

First, is Ashton, who made a solar hot dog cooker. We got the plans off the internet and it was a good project in theory. Unfortunately, the day of the presentation, it was overcast and rainy, so she couldn't actually cook a hot dog for the kids to see. But, she did take the cooker. Here she is with the cooker and her award....then we ditched the cooker. lol

Next up is Indy. He started with an earthworm habitat, which we read about how to make in a book. Unfortunately, our earthworms met with an untimely death, so we had to switch to crickets 3 days before the fair. These tend to be a little more hearty, thankfully, so they actually lasted 3 days....and they're still with us a week later! Whoo hoo! Indy's thrilled. He used some of Savannah's letter stickers to put his name on the jar and he's been taking very good care of his baby crickets (which we got at the snake store and saved from an untimely death! lol)

And, finally, the little guy. I figured that since the kids weren't in a competition and there were no rules for this science fair, that all the kids could participate. So, we decided to have Levi make a rock collection. Usually, he loves to find rocks....and throw them! But, I made him actually look for them, collect them, and put them in the handy dandy box we bought. We got rocks from our back yard, the beach, and the Everglades (Oh, I just remembered I already told you this...sorry.). All the rocks pretty much looked the same, but he had fun collecting them and was very proud of his collection. :-)
Well, that's it for tonight. And, since Nicky's been getting up at 3am, I'm having to force myself to go to bed earlier...argh! So, until tomorrow....
Good Night! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures and Indy's not throwing his rocks. Mom C.