This year was kinda weird for the Fair with our family. First, Nicky's been working all this overtime so he couldn't even go. Then, since I missed the deadline to have the kids enter things, none of them got free entry coupons. Well, Savannah got two from school. Third, our homeschool group was selling pre-fair entry and ride tickets at a discounted rate for a fundraiser, so I planned to buy them for the family. But, then, I realized that it was going to cost me $75 just to buy entry tickets for me and the girls (the boys are free) and ride coupons for the boys only! Insane, huh?? And, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It's just a fair and we didn't even have anything entered!
A little later I found out that some of the homeschool kids and parents were going (the teenagers) and had invited Savannah and Ashton to go with them. I agreed and Savannah used her two free entry coupons from school for her and Ashton and I paid for ride tickets for them. And, I decided to just take the boys on the free school field trip day, while Savannah was in school. I just left Ashton at home to work on her school work. Anyway, going that day, we all 3 got in for free and I only had to buy ride coupons. I'm not sure it came out all that much cheaper, but at least it "felt" better, monitarily. Unfortunately, that meant we didn't get to go altogether, but I don't think the girls really cared.
So, I took the boys last Friday and we got there extra early and were actually the very first ones in the gates! We went straight to the rides first, since once the buses of kids get there, the lines are monstrous. The boys got to ride all the rides they wanted with no lines and they even played a couple games. They like playing the games. The first game they played was one of those water squirt games where you shoot the water into the clown's mouth and the little thingy goes up and the first to reach the top wins. They were the only ones playing since we were there so early and I had to help both of them aim. Indy won the first game and won a green stuffed dog. Then, Levi wanted a prize, too, so we played again (still the only ones) and we made sure Levi won. He won a pink stuffed pig. He's funny because he could have chosen a brown or green dog, a yellow duck or the pink pig. Of course he chose the pig. Why? Because he LOVES pink!!! lol We don't know where he gets this from, but he just loves pink! It's hysterical and drives Nicky crazy, but we can just chalk it up to Levi's quirkiness. lol
Anyhoo, after the rides and games, we got a corn dog and then went to see the animal tent. After that, we saw a little fishing game where everyone wins and Indy got a football pillow and Levi got a little tiny black and white striped tiger. After that we got a slushy and went home. By then we were pooped and ready to go home. We had a lot of fun, but missed having the family with us. Maybe next year the outage won't be so early and the fair won't be so late then we can all go together. We'll see.
The boys wanted to ride the bumper cars. It's a good thing they were the only ones on the ride because they were having a difficult time figuring out how to drive them! The poor guys had to help the boys constantly get unstuck! It was so funny, but the boys had a lot of fun and wanted to ride again.

They got on this ride, but both wanted to drive the sports car, so they got in together. Luckily, there were two steering wheels! Funny, but I remember riding this kind of ride as a child! I loved the motorcycle one, which the boys also rode.

And,they rode this hot air balloon ride that went up and down. Indy didn't want to go up and down, but decided he'd be not so scared if he rode with Levi. I'm not sure what he thought Levi could do to help him, but I guess it's the comfort of knowing he wasn't alone.

Oh, I forgot that we got Dippin' Dots...before lunch!! lol I just love Dippin' Dots! They had a "kid special" since it was a field trip day where they could get these little cups for only $1, so I got each boy one with their own pick of flavor. I got me a bigger one! :-) Besides that, it was a good break time, since we were getting tired.

When we saw the animals, the boys just loved the bunnies. Indy asked if he could have one and I said no. Next we saw the turkeys and geese and the turkeys had eggs in a nest!! It was really cool. Then, we moved on to the larger animals and Indy really liked the goats. He said the babies were so cute. He asked if he could have one and I said no. (Does this sound like Savannah or what??) Then as we were leaving the tent, Indy told me that he wanted a bunny or a goat and that we could keep them in the back room of the house. I said no, I don't think so, but he still wanted to ask Daddy anyway. (Dad said no, too...big surprise. :-) )

And, finally, the slushy. It's time to go home. We had fun and were tired, but were happy we got to go. Then, we went home and took naps!!
1 comment:
Maybe the reason Indy wanted Levi with him on the ride was the same reason his Mother at age 6 woke up her 3 yr. old brother to walk with her to the bathroom in the middle of the night. "Ya think?" I'm sorry I missed the Fair - I always enjoy going with the kids. Home Depot looked pretty cool, too. later, Mom C.
Post a Comment