Thursday, April 17, 2008

Home Depot

Back in March, our homeschool group went on a field trip to Home Depot. Most of the time we have field trips geared toward the older kids, and I take Ashton, dragging the boys along. Sometimes they glean a little info from the trips and sometimes they just....well, don't. So, I decided we needed some field trips geared toward our little guys. We planned this one and I think I'll plan one for Publix in the fall. They'll love that one!

My friend is in a managerial position in Home Depot and she did the tour for us. She did a wonderful job (she's really kid friendly) and the kids had a lot of fun. First, we took a tour of the store, in which they were allowed to sit on the lawnmowers. That was a HUGE hit! After the tour, we did a craft project (ours was an airplane) and then had a snack. Here's some pictures of our visit to Home Depot.



Indy on his riding lawnmower.

Could Levi pick a regular lawn mower? No, of course not. Instead, he had to pick a Dixie Chopper type thing. More power, arh, arh, arh! :-)

Even Ashton had fun on the lawnmowers!

Indy worked hard on his airplane project.

This was the only part Levi even put on his airplane! Mostly I did the work while he watched. But, for some reason, he really liked the glue! lol

Here's the boys with their finished projects and their completion certificates. (I should've put my name on Levi's!! lol) That was a fun day and a fun trip!

No comments: