It all started with an innocent thought, "Hmm, a wood fence would be nice."
A few months ago, two of our neighbors put up wood fences around their backyards, which is something we've been wanting to do for awhile, but just haven't. Finally, we decided to bite the bullet and just do it.
We called the contractor who had done both neighbors' fences, which allowed us a little discount. Yea! We signed a contract and gave a deposit. Good. He then filed for the permit. Problem. The property drawing we gave them was from 1958 and, needless to say, was unacceptable. Bad. So, then we had to have a site survey done. Add some more money and 2 1/2 more weeks. Time to resubmit the permit. Two and a half more weeks and the permit was issued. Good. Another week and a half and some supplies were delivered. They guy said he would begin digging holes the next day. Good. Unfortunately, he called that day to have the holes (not yet dug) inspected. Yes, the actual holes have to be inspected. Go figure. Anyway, 5 days later, no more supplies, no holes, but the inspector showed up to inspect the holes. Bad. I called the guy and he said he would be there the "next day". Yeah, I've heard that before! Four days later, he showed up to dig holes. Good. Do you know what it's like to have a yard full of 3 foot holes, with piles of dirt next to them with 2 and 4 year old boys?? Bad. First thing, Indy drags out his dump truck and back hoe and gets to work. Levi just stands there kicking dirt back into the holes and throwing in rocks. So, the boys have been relegated to the inside of the house til the fence is done. Bad. Finally, yesterday, they showed up to actually begin the fence. "Oh, they'll be here first thing in the morning." Yeah, right. Four p.m. they show up. Today they are back, but not til 12pm. Good. Unfortunately, before the guy got here, Levi escaped to the outside and slid down into one of the 3 foot holes. Bad. Poor guy got a boo-boo on his back, but it's not too bad. Thank goodness.
You know, when I hear people complain about construction going on at their homes (unless it's actually lasting years and years), I always think, "Hey, be grateful. It will be done soon and you'll have a wonderful new improvement." But, I think now I can relate a little better to their complaining. I am certainly not complaining, but I can see how it can get very frustrating. I especially hate when they say they'll be here at a certain time and never show up and never call. I don't mind waiting, just LMK, ya know?
Well, I guess that's it for now. "I cry out to the Lord with my voice; With my voice to the Lord I make my supplication. I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare before Him my trouble." Psalm 142:1-2
Stay tuned next time for.....The Fence, part two!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment