Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Fence, part 2

Before I tell you about the continuing saga of the fence, I realized that in the last post I forgot to tell you that when the guy dug the holes, he hit the main sewer line. Right out the front door! The hole filled with sink and washing machine water, and unfortunately, the toilet, too. Yuck! As I was leaving on Wed. night to head off to church, I left Nicky with the phone # for the plumber. Nicky could fix it, but really didn't want to. So, when I arrived home, hoping against hope that the plumber had arrived. Imagine my surprise when I got home and found Nicky oustide standing near the hole with tools, radio, and giant light. I looked in and found it fixed. He said the plumber never returned his call, so he fixed it himself. Boy, am I glad I'm married to a superman who can fix just about anything himself, even if he doesn't want to! :-)

Ok, so to begin part 2... I left you on Saturday after Levi had fallen into one of the holes. LOL They worked all day, til about 7pm and got one whole side finished. Yea!! Then, Sunday they didn't come, which I knew was happening. So, Monday morning I was looking for them. They showed up about 9am and worked til 6pm. I was hoping they would get completely finished that day, but they didn't. Almost. The poor dog, Elvis, has been tied up for 5 days, (yes, we've been walking him) and the boys are still stuck inside because there's still misc. openings. Apparently, they ran out of slats on Monday night, so they had to finish today. They arrived before I got up, I guess about 7am, and they finished the last gate. Yeah! Then, they packed everything up: tools, trash, supplies, etc. and headed out. They were gone by 9am and we all ran outside to run around the new yard!! And, boy, was Elvis HAPPY to get some freedom!! He ran all over the yard, checking it out, happy as can be. I haven't seen him move THAT fast in a LONG time! LOL So, here's the pictures I took of the process and the finished product. If you've been to my house, you can imagine how it looks. Enjoy!









Well, that's it folks. Thanks for letting me vent and share the excitement! "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15 (I know it's talking about Jesus! But, I'm sure giving thanks today that the fence is done!)

Blessings,

Mylinda :-)

2 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

Your fence is great! I can just imagine how hard it was to keep those boys indoors.lol I'm glad it's over and you have a great place for them to play.

Blessings,

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi,I'm so glad it's done for your sanity's sake.
You haven't updated in a while and I didn't see you on Sunday. How are you?
Kathy