The other day (on my birthday, mind you!) Nicky was standing beside me in the sun (he's about 8 inches taller than me) and noticed all the gray in my hair. Boy, was he ragging on me. "Man, you've got a LOT of gray in your hair. I never noticed it before. There is really a LOT of gray in there!" And on and on and on. I gave him a dirty look and made some smart comment, then he said, "I think Levi is really doing you in." Thanks a LOT! And, on my birthday, no less! What a bum! LOL
What I didn't say was that I don't think it's Levi who is doing me in, though I must say, he's a close second! LOL I actually think it's Savannah. Why? Because at 14, she's driving me crazy! I've always said the girls' good/bad behavior cycles are like roller coasters. They are never "good" at the same time, which is good I guess cause that means they're not "bad" at the same time either! :-) Right now, Savannah is struggling to find out who she is, or rather, who she wants to be. I know this is very typical for this age, but it sure is exhausting for me! :-) She wants so much of my time and attention right now, which is wonderful, but she doesn't see that her time is taking away from someone else's time. She's so up and down right now and that's tiring. Ashton, on the other hand, is in such a pleasant time right now. I tell or ask her to do something and she says, "Ok", even if she doesn't want to. I try to reward her good attitude and willingness to help with cleaning and the littles and anything else I need help with. But, boy what a contrast between the two! Sometimes Savannah says or does something and Ashton just looks at her (then at me) like she's crazy. I always say, "Don't you act like that!" then we laugh.
I love my children and it sure is hard work, but I know that it is sooo worth it. Lord willing, someday my girls and I will be great friends and will be able to have a conversation in nomal tones, with normal inflections! I look forward to that day!
A great verse we all know: :Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; they shall not be ashamed, But shall speak with their enemies in the gate." Psalm 127:3-5
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment