Friday, March 23, 2007

Out they came...

Well, once again, we've had a busy (and unusual I might add) week. First, on Monday a friend of mine had problems with her adult son and grandchildren (long story) and on Tuesday I spent the day with her at court (ALL DAY). While we were at court and all the surrounding buildings, my girls watched all 5 of her grandkids....9 children at our house! I was amazed that the house was in some semblance of order when I returned! The girls did a fantastic job, though they were quite tired when I arrived. (Don't worry, we had another adult friend lined up as a back up and she checked on them a couple times.)
Meanwhile....on Tuesday, while I was running around downtown Nicky was going to the appt. he's had for an oral surgeon for two weeks, to discuss the removal of all 4 wisdom teeth. That night when I returned home, he announced that they had scheduled the surgery for the next day, Wednesday. I could NOT believe it! Boy, they must have thought his teeth REALLY needed to come out! So, Wednesday morning, I farmed out all the kids and took him to have his teeth out. (The two bottom ones were literally sideways, pointing to the front of his mouth...yuck!) Poor guy, is in lots of pain, as you can imagine. He's had nothing to eat but jello, pudding, a chocolate milk shake, and a little luke-warm soup, so he's really ready to eat something good. He's had to keep ice on his face and keep up with pain med. and antibiotics. He's doing a little better, but won't have to go back to work til Monday.
In other news....I found out that I might not have to come back from Disney early. I found out that there will be a make up day for that mandatory meeting, but I'll have to call that week. We'll see.
I guess that's it for now. "And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people." Matthew 4:23
Enjoy the weekend!
Mylinda :-)

No comments: