Well, the Road Trip went great! We had a lot of fun spending time with friends. There were kids everywhere! What a blast!
Then when I got back, Nicky and I went to a work party for a boss who's moving to Minnesota. Can you imagine?!? Minnesota!! I'm sure it's beautiful, but I don't think I'm ready for THAT much cold weather!! :-) But, the party was fun and it was great to spend time with my dh. That doesn't happen too often.
Today I had a great day. It always seems that I run out of day before I run out of stuff to do. So, last night, as I prepared lesson plans, I came up with an idea. I have the Managers of Their Homes book and scheduling set. I've made it and used it before, modifying it to fit our family's needs. But, last night I had a brainstorm: Use the scheduling forms for not a "permanent" schedule, but for just this week. What a great idea! So, last night, I stayed up late and made a schedule for me and each of the girls for only this week. Today I followed the schedule and it worked great! I got everything done and I even had a couple of "curves" thrown at me, so I had to adjust, but stayed on schedule. The kids got all their schoolwork done and had time to play! I was so excited (and so were they!)! Boy, what a difference a schedule makes!
"A man's heart plans his way. But the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
Monday, March 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment