We've had a very exciting....no, that's not the right word, let's say "interesting" week. Some is exciting and some, not so much.
First, Levi had a tee ball game yesterday evening and he got the game ball!! He was sooo excited!! Of course, I didn't have my camera, but one of the dads did and he got some awesome pictures of it. I'm so excited! I'll post them when I get them.
While we were at the game, one of the puppies attacked Savannah's remaining chicken, the rooster, and injured him pretty bad. Nicky had to finish him with the bb gun. Poor dads, they get the worst jobs! Savannah was sad, but oddly enough, Indy was sobbing. Just devastated! It was weird.
Then, later last night, Ashton informed me that her foot hurt. She had jumped down off the trailer on Sunday, and hurt it somehow. She thought it was broken. I didn't, but figured it would be better to take her to the dr. just in case. So, back to the urgent care center we go. Sadly, the xray tech actually recognized her!! We just go there too much!! lol Fortunately, it was only a bad sprain, with no fractures. Whew!
We are experiencing some heavy winds from the passing hurricane, but very little rain thus far. We are holed up tight in our home with the shutters all up, but I can still hear the wind howling outside. It's strange. Nicky braced the wood fence so it wouldnt' fall down if we got some heavy winds, so now it really looks like a fortress from the backyard. At least I fell safe. Unfortunately, it's awfullly dark inside my house and I reeeeaaaallly hate the darkness and all the artificial light. I reeeeaaaally need some sunlight or at least some natural light. This is always the hardest part of not getting a hurricane, along with all the preparations that are for "practice." Oh well, at least we're escaping this time.
Today we start our homeschool park group. Hopefully, it won't rain. The kids are really itching to see friends. If it does rain, we'll meet at Chuck E. Cheese, which is a whole other issue, since Indy HATES that place. Yes, truly. HATES it. Is terrified of the walking character. Screams and cries when we go there and has to be dragged out of the car...literally. As a matter of fact, all you have to do is mention that we MIGHT go, and he freaks and starts crying. I hope he outgrows this soon. None of my other kids have ever been scared of characters, so I"m having a hard time dealing with this and understanding it. And, yes, we've discussed over and over that it's a person inside a costume, just like a Halloween costume. He understands that, but somehow he still hates them. Anyway, we'll see what happens today.
Well, I guess that's all exciting news for today. All that in the last 24 hours!! And, tonight Indy has a baseball game, too. I hope that doesn't get rained out, either. BTW, his team is undefeated! Of course, we've only played 3 games, but hey, we're still undefeated! Enjoying it while we can!! :-)
Have a great week!
Mylinda :-)
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had a kid who hated character costumes too. Was terrified. I could never figure it out.
Hey Mylinda, if you can share my blog site with your Mom, Leslie and Sara-Beth. Thanks!
Post a Comment