Monday, September 15, 2008


Ok, yes, I know, I've been absent for a few days. Sorry about that. Sometimes you just don't have a lot to blog about, ya know? So, I'm back now, with lots of fresh material! lol In the meantime, it's Monday, so here's my menu plan for this week.
Sunday- Frozen shrimp

Monday- Easy Pepper Steak, rice
Tuesday- Cabbage & Kielbasa dinner (in crock pot)
Wednesday- Lasagna Rolls
Thursday- Country Skillet Supper
Friday- Sloppy Joes
Saturday- Taco Casserole
Let's see...hmmm. I want to put a couple recipes, but I'm not sure if I've put any of these yet. So, if I have, please forgive me. If not, and you try any of them, LMK how you like it.
Easy Pepper Steak
1 lb. boneless beef steak (I use the very thin ones)
2 med. green OR red peppers, cut into thin strips
1 med. onion, cut up
garlic powder
1 can beef gravy
1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
4 C. hot cooked rice
Slice beef into very thin strips. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil & brown beef. Add 1 Tbsp. oil; add peppers, onion, & garlic powder. Cook til tender. Add gravy & worcestershire sauce. Heat through & serve over rice.
Classic Lasagna Rolls
12 lasagna noodles
1lb. ground beef
1 C. chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1-16 oz. ricotta cheese
1 1/4 C. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 C. grated parmesean cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 13x9 pan with Pam. Prepare noodles according to pkg. directions; drain. Rinse with cool water; drain. Lay noodles flat on wax paper.
Cook ground beef, onion, & garlic over med. heat until brown & crumbly. Drain fat. Add spaghetti sauce; heat to boiling. Spread 2 C. sauce in prepared pan.
Mix ricotta & 1 C. mozzarella in large bowl. Spread cheese mixture over each noodle.
Roll up tightly; place seam side down on top of sauce in pan. Spoon remaining sauce over rolls; sprinkle with parmesean. Bake rolls until heated through, about 30 min. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Let stand for 5 min. Serves 6.
Ok, that's it. For more menu ideas, check out The Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Truth said...

O yum! Thank-you for including recipes.