Sunday, September 21, 2008

Marlins Game!

Last week, we went with our baseball team to a Florida Marlins game. We just love going to those games! Boy, I tell ya, it wouldn't do me to live anywhere near the stadium! I think I'd buy an annual parking pass and be at the games every weekend!! And, probably some weeknights, too!! I just love going to baseball games!! And, I am sooo grateful that Indy loves baseball, too. I think this might be something him and I can do together for "dates", ya know? We had a "ball" (ha ha) at the game!


Indy and some of his teammates, before the
game, in the bowels of the stadium.


Prior to the game, they had a parade for our whole park (all the teams) to walk around the warning track, behind the field. We're not allowed to step on the grass, but the kids think it's something to be down near the field like that! In the first picture below, it's actually a picture up on the jumbo tron (big screen), we're walking in the parade. Indy is right smack in the middle, next to the grass, with white pants and a red shirt, waving. I am behind him on the right, behind the guy in black, and I'm taking this picture. See me?
I thought this was a cool picture. Indy is still waving, even though we're past where the camera is. I think it's neat, like a "picture" of hope for the future, ya know? The sad thing is how empty the stadium is. See the two full sections of seats at the bottom, straight ahead? In the right section, there are a couple people about halfway up. See them? That's about where our seats were. The Marlins bullpen is down at the bottom in front of the next section to the left. So, we were pretty close. I still took my binoculars, though. That way Indy could get a good view of how the catcher sits, catches, moves, etc. and also the batters and how they stand, etc. Personally, I like the seats out behind the right fielder better. Those are behind the yellow goal post to the far left. That way you can see the whole field and game without having to turn your head. It's a little further out, but I like the encompassing view better. Besides, sometimes the right fielder will throw a ball into the stands. That's awesome!!

This is Indy using the binoculars to get a good view of the catcher.
Here's Indy and one of his friends from his team. Gotta take the gloves, you know, in case a foul ball comes flying in!
Thankfully, the Marlins won the game against the Washington Nationals, 2-1. Whew! It's a bummer when you make the trek to the stadium and then we lose. After the game, about 8 guys went out onto the field and waved these "Marlins Win" flags. I thought that was pretty cool.

Indy and I had fun with friends, but it was really nice to just spend time with Indy by myself, ya know? While we were walking to our seats, we saw that they had a bunch of free stuff for the kids, so we stopped. It was nice not to have to worry about "rounding everyone up", if you know what I mean. It was just the two of us, so we stopped and Indy got a Marlins tattoo on his cheek, played a spinner game and won a stuffed Billy the Marlin and a poster. We also bought a program, with all the players in it. I think Indy had a lot of fun. I can't wait to go again!! lol




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Indy (& Mom) had a great time. You should know though that there is more than 1 kid in a red shirt & dark pants.
Mom

P.S. Good pictures.