I have two "WOW!" things to report! lol
First: Yesterday afternoon, we noticed the a/c wasn't cooling. Yes, that's right, my "brand new", one year old unit wasn't cooling. Argh. I got out the instruction manual and did what it said (reset the system and waited the allotted time.), but alas, nothing. So, I called Nicky at work and asked what he wanted me to do. He said to call the company who had installed it and have them come out and take a look. I called at 4pm. They told me to flip the breakers and try to reset it again, which I did, but again, nothing. Argh. So, of course they could come out......at the "after hours" fee rate. Uhhhh, hmmmm. Now, believe me when I say that it physically hurt me to say "ok", but I knew Nicky would kill me if I didn't. So, I said the painful words and they sent someone out. So, what did he do? He changed my filter (which I change faithfully every single month) and ran some of my Clorox through the drain to clear it out. Immediately the unit went on. Argh. He was there a total of 15 minutes, including the time it took him to write up the bill. Guess how much?? $231!!! Double Argh!
BUT, God is good. It happened on Wednesday, when Nicky had already been paid. If it had been on Tuesday, it would have been a lot more difficult to come up with the money. Also, yesterday (Wednesday) Nicky got a check from work for some money they "forgot" to pay him and he got paid from the side job he did this past weekend. The total of that money was enough to cover the a/c bill plus a little more! I prayed that the a/c fix would be something simple that didn't require any parts or extra charges over the service call fee, and it happened. AND, the Lord provided the money for the fee. Isn't that cool??
Second: I won a contest!! Yes, it's true! Check this out at From the Trenches of Motherhood. Isn't that cool?? I always see these "name this picture" contests on peoples' blogs, but I really can never think of anything cute or original. I think it must be the pressure of having to think of something right now. But, somehow, this one just came to me. It was weird. I think God put it in my head. Anyway, I'm shocked that I won and I'm so excited to get a prize for it!! Maybe I'll have to have one of those contests, too! That would be fun. I'm sure it'll be a picture of Levi doing something Levi-ish. lol
Well, that's it for right now. I know, I know....where's my pictures? Sorry, but my time is so limited on the computer during the week, to like 10 minutes each time. Usually I put a bunch of picture topics on the computer at once so I can just pull them when I want to post them, but I haven't done it. Nicky will be gone this weekend hunting, so I will have some free time this weekend to be able to do it on maybe Saturday. So, look forward to pictures in a few days.
In the meantime, we're doing some fun stuff today. We have a field trip to a chocolate store where they make little chocolate gifts and the kids will get to make some kind of chocolate gift. That'll be yummy! And, this evening, I get to go to a mom's night out! Yeah! Our homeschool group's moms will be going to dinner tonight. I can't wait. Oh, and Savannah gets out of school today at 12 (early release day). And, I'm cooking something easy for dinner, so it feels like Friday for me!! lol
I'll talk to you soon. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on winning the contest. You forgot to tell us what you won.!? And I'll be looking for those pictures. Mom
Lee said your float switch was tripped. He said to email me some pics of the unit.
Post a Comment