Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bad Mom Award

I've decided to start a category on my blog for my "Bad Mom Award" moments. You know, the times you do something and think back, "Man, I shouldn't have done that." or you don't do something and think, "I should've done that." ? Well, this is that category. And, no, I don't actually think I'm a BAD mom, just....well, you know...a mom who makes mistakes, even if they're sometimes in my own mind. Besides, these entries should make you moms out there feel better that you're not alone in this. I know we all feel this way sometimes, but it's ok cuz we're not perfect. If we were, hey, we wouldn't need Jesus, right?? lol

Well, Tuesday night was Indy's first t-ball game for the new season. And, it went by with no pictures and nary a mention. Uh oh. Bad Mom Award. He did great! The whole team did pretty well since most of them have never played before. And, Indy hit the ball all three times he was up to bat. Actually, I chose not to take pictures since it was a nighttime game and my picutres don't seem to come out too well from the night games. This Saturday is his first daytime game, so maybe I'll take pix then, if I remember the camera!! :-)

The next Bad Mom Award for this week is that on Monday Savannah was late to school. Usually she gets herself up and I get up just to make sure she's moving. Then, I crash on the couch til she's ready to go and I take her to school. But, this week we overslept. Well, I actually did get up, woke her up, and then crashed. Unfortunately, she also crashed again. At 7:23 I woke up and jumped out of bed. She was still asleep!! She starts school at 7:30!! Needless to say, she was late, but luckily, only by about 15 or 20 minutes. How we pulled that one off, I have no idea.

On the other hand, I think I should get the "Awesome Mom Award", too, since on Tuesday, she left her PE clothes at home. I saw them and debated...do I take them or not?? Ok, no. She's old enough and needs to be responsible for her own stuff. She'll get an F in PE for not having them, but one F won't make a difference in her grade, but might help her remember for next time. (Bad Mom Award??) Then, she called me and asked me to bring them to her....and some snacks, since she was hungry. So, I put them in a Publix bag, along with a ziploc bag of cheerios, some mints, and a couple granola bars. When her friends saw the goodies in her bag, they said, "Man, your mom's awesome!" (Yes, she actually told me this...amazing, huh?? lol) Then she shared her cheerios.

So, the next time you think I deserve the Bad Mom Award, like the next time I lose Levi, well.....keep it to yourself. My self-issued rules for the Bad Mom Award are that you can only give the award to yourself. So, have fun, relax, and know that we all get the Bad Mom Award sometimes, even if we're not really bad moms. :-)

Blessings,
Mylinda :-)

PS-I'd love to hear about some of your Bad Mom Award moments! Do share!! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Mother says, "Well there was the time; then there was this other time; then, oh yea, this particular time..." Fortunately old age helps you forget (even if it is selective forgetting)even Bad Mom moments. Hope your lucky kids never have a worse Mom and that someday they come to really appreciate their Mom. love from your Mom

Leslie said...

you lost levi? i can think of a few bad mom awards myself, like sitting here on the computer instead of playing with aaron.

Mylinda said...

I have never really "lost" Levi, just....misplaced him. lol Actually, he misplaces himself faster than I can keep up with him. :-) Think....Andrew. lol