Monday, January 14, 2008

Money Saving Mom

Last year, some of my friends got into this saving money mode and found some great deals at CVS, of all places. With their Extra Care Bucks, you get all these cool deals. Since it became so popular, Walgreens has come up with some of its own deals.

So, today I went to a brand new Walgreens near my home that's having its Grand Opening this week, and I took the flyer from Sunday's paper. I also took a bunch of coupons for stuff they already had on sale. They also had a bunch of buy one get one free items. Guess how well I did?? I'm so excited! I actually paid $12.66 and actually saved $19.87! Yes, that's right. I saved nearly $20 off a bill of approx. $32!! So, how's that for saving money?? I was so proud of myself! Now, if I can do that well at CVS when I go later in the week, I'll be doing great! For great money saving ideas, check out the "real" Money Saving Mom!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

i checked out the link to Money saving Mom. what a great resource. thanks for including it on your blog!

Emily Jennings said...

Have you tried the grocery game yet? Its pretty awesome, the first month is $1. I love saving money.

Truth said...

You go girl! That is awesome.