Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Well, poor Indy. Tonight was supposed to be his first tee ball practice, but it was cancelled. There were just way too many thunderstorms and lightning out there today. He was pretty bummed, especially since he's been asking to play baseball for almost two years, but no one lets them play at 3 years old. When we signed him up last spring, I told him that now he could tell everyone he was a baseball player. Was he ever excited!! So, now he has to wait another two days til his next practice. Oh well.

On another note all together....I've been feeling the need (or desire) to wear more skirts on a daily basis, though I'm not sure why. I just like them and am comfortable in them, but living in my house with no a/c and it being so very hot, I've just been wearing shorts basically for survival. I think that was a run on sentence!! lol Anyway, I've gotten so used to the shorts, but lately I've just been wanting to wear more skirts. The problem is twofold: one, I'm short, so the cute long skirts are just waaaayyy too long and two, I'm not exactly a size 8 (too bad, though), so my choices have been very limited. I went to the goodwill store and found some really cute skirts, but all too small. Too bad, too, 'cause they were pretty cheap! Then, I went to the mall and checked the "big 3" (Sears, JCPEnney's, and Macy's) and I dont' believe anyone who shops there wears casual skirts! lol Everything was just too darn fancy to be chasing kids in! And, of course, too expensive to be chasing kids in! I think I've checked some other stores, too over the last couple weeks, but to no avail. Tonight, though, I went to the cheap store Rainbow. Have you seen it? I buy the girls stuff in there sometimes, but last time I was in there, I noticed they had some larger sizes. So, I went in there tonight to see if they had anything and I found 3!! Two of them were only $5 each and one was $18 (oh well), but they were pretty good quality-amazing. Two of them were jean skirts, which are my favorites, and they were actually short enough. I am so excited!

Oh, Savannah's coming home in two days! Yay! We are all missing her! Ok, well that's it for now. Talk to you soon.
Mylinda :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Indy! It's hard to wait when you are so little and so very excited.

Also, a big Woohoo! to you on your skirt find. I'm not a big shopper by any means (can't afford to be), but I sure love it when I find just what I was looking for. I do the "woohoo dance" right in the aisle.