Monday, July 23, 2007

Road Trip, St. Pete

Well, thankfully, we've had no mishaps this weekend and we're beginning a fresh, new week.

I really wanted to tell you about our road trip to St. Pete last weekend. Savannah is spending about 12 days with her friend, Amber, who moved there a few weeks ago. We (the kids and I) drove up last Friday (a week ago) and then we came home Saturday, leaving Savannah up there. And, boy, do they have a great place!! The house is just a normal house, but they have like 2 acres out in a rural area. It's very "woodsy" with lots of animals around. When I went out into the back yard on Friday evening, I could see the bats searching for food. That was just so cool. And, was it ever quiet. I kept saying, "Just listen". They laughed at me, but it was so quiet and peaceful. I told Amber's mom that if I had a place like that, I'd never move. Ever. They'd have to remove my dead body to get me away. I am so happy for them, and just a touch jealous :-), but I'm glad I had the chance to enjoy it, even if it was only for a few hours. I told them I'm coming back up in the fall, maybe October, when the weather changes so I can enjoy the "fall". We can roast marshmallows around the bonfire and enjoy the cooler weather.

Let's see. Nicky started nights again last night for only a week or two, which is good, but it still means I gotta keep the boys quiet during the daytime. We'll hit the park, free movies, and maybe a friend's house this week to keep us busy. I also have been working on getting the girls' schoolwork from this year organized to put in the portfolio.

Last year at the hs convention I bought this software for organinzing school called Edu Track and I love it! While working on the portfolio, I printed off the list of curriculum I used this year, the reading log, and the field trip list to add to the portfolio. I've used it for lesson plans all year long and it worked wonderfully, allowing the girls to work on their own. I think I paid $75, which I wasn't too sure of at the time, but it has been WAY worth it and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a good orgainizing program. If you have any questions, email me.

Well, guess that's it for now. Have a great week!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)

1 comment:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Glad to hear that Cheryl is doing well. I think I'd be jealous of that setting as well - it sounds so peaceful! Hmm, maybe I should consider moving to St. Pete...