Friday, July 27, 2007

Potty Training

Ok, you think by the 4th child I'd have potty training techniques down pat. Wrong. As you all know, every child is different and Levi is no exception. Frankly, I just don't WANT to potty train him. I don't have time for this. I have too much other stuff going on to bother. He's still in diapers-part time. I'm under pressure from Nicky to get him potty trained. And, from myself just for the sake of sanity and money. And, because when he leaves the nursery at church in Sept. will he be able to promote or will he have to stay in the nursery because he's in diapers? Help! I don't want to potty train....I don't want to.... I don't want to!!

But, alas, I will, as I always have. Too bad he's not like Indy and just potty train himself. Of course it can't be that easy. Oh no. Instead we have a kid who only relaxes enough to do "#2" when he's asleep! So, we wear underwear during waking hours and diapers to sleep. However, when he does wear underwear while awake, there's always that day that he does his business in the underwear and I say, "You supposed to do this when you sleep!" He just smiles that cute smile and says, "Go potty." Yeah, yeah.

Aahhh, the joys of parenting! :-)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I hear ya loud and clear. Potty training is the worst. I need to start with Joshua. Hang in there. This is the last time your ever have to potty train someone.