Well, I was going to post about our trip this past weekend to Tampa or maybe about our friendly neighbor who passed away this past week, but no. Instead I have to tell you something else.
You're not even going to believe this, but the gas valve on our 1958 oven died today. Yes, that's right: another unplanned mishap. So, that means no oven indefinitely. First, the door is jimmy-rigged to stay shut, since I'm sure we can't find a replacement part for it. So, we're not sure what a repairman would say. I think we're paranoid now that he'll make us pull the whole thing out and re-pipe something. Also, if we did have a repairman out, his estimate to repair or replace the valve would probably cost as much as just replacing the thing. And, that's assuming the part can even be found. Who knows. Besides all that, our money is running VERY low. So, I'm now going to have to learn (or relearn) how to do all my cooking on the stove, microwave, or grill. Yikes!
So, if you think about it, pray for me and my sanity.
Oh, and BTW, the a/c inspector came today and failed us. Surprise, surprise! He wants another overflow valve on the actual unit instead of just on the drain pan. So, they are coming out tomorrow to add the valve and then we'll try the inspection again. Oh, the joys of construction!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, when it rains, it pours, huh? Well, at least you still have your internet access!! What would you do without that?!? LOL!
Post a Comment