Well, apparently Blogger is having some "problems", thus making me unable to change anything over on the right column. I'm not being able to access the area at all, so I can't even remove my birthday countdown widget. I checked on the Blogger help page and many other people are having this problem, too, which is good news, since then I know it's not just me. Whew! lol I guess I'll just have to wait until they fix the problem and then work on that stuff.
Why do I tell you this? For one, I've had some comments, specifically from my mom, telling me I need to change my countdown clock to a Christmas countdown! Yes, I know, she's crazy, (I love you, Mom!!), but if you'll remember correctly, right after our Disney trip last year in April, I put up my Christmas countdown clock. So, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right? lol And, unfortunately, she beat me to the punch, because I was actually going to put up the Christmas one right after my birthday. Alas, I'll have to just wait.
Which leads me to the second reason I'm telling you all this: I told you awhile ago that I was working on finishing up reading my old books, and I'm working very dilligently at this, but I can't make my list over on the right column so you can see. Bummer! So, I'm going to put up another post after this with my books and how I'm doing and you can check it when you want to see how I'm doing. Not that you really care how much I'm reading, but maybe you'll be interested in the list of books I'm reading....and maybe the ones I'm dying to start!! lol
In other news, we received 3 boxes from my brother and SIL in Texas last week. Boy, it was like Christmas all over again.....well, actually it was Christmas (presents, that is!)! Apparently, they're as bad as me at getting to the post office, since they've had our Christmas presents packed and ready to ship since January, but sitting in the living room. (Sounds too familiar!! lol) So, I guess they finally had a chance to get to the post office and sent the Christmas presents and my birthday present. It was a lot of fun opening the boxes and there was paper and wrappers everywhere...just like Christmas!! How fun! They sent me a beautiful pewter family tree with our last name engraved on it. It has spots for 20 pictures on little dangly ornaments. I can't wait to fill them! Oh, and for Christmas, they sent me a fondue cookbook! I got an electric fondue pot from my mom for Christmas (in December!) and needed a cookbook so I can play. This is a great cookbook, because it has lots of easy recipes to try. I can't wait to play!
Well, I guess that's it for now. Not much exciting stuff going on. This week we're going to see The Wizard of Oz musical at a theater with our homeschool group, so that should be fun. I'll let you know how it is and I'll try to post the book entry sometime soon.
Have a great week!
Mylinda :-)
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh! Oh!! Oh!!! If you come across any really good recipes for the fondue pot, please pass them along. I got one and haven't really come up with anything good except chocolate fondue. I really would love to use it for the main dish though. What a cool gift!
Heh...I get no respect. Mom
Oh I'm so relieved to know my mom and I aren't the only ones who are a little late in sending things out, lol. I feel soooo much better.
Post a Comment