This weekend I went to a homeschool curriculum fair in Vero Beach, which was a lot of fun. I went with two friends and we just went for the day. It was a long day, but it was nice to get away for a few hours and think of something other than other people's needs. Anyway, I sat in a lecture on worldviews. It was fascinating....and scary. The guy who gave the lecture does these lectures and even summits for older teens on how to stand for your faith and keep your Christian worldview when you are attacked. For the parents this weekend, it was more on how to give our kids a Christian worldview and how to help them stand up for it. It really encouraged me to be more deliberate in helping my children grow their worldview. I even bought a textbook....for me...that's 481 pages long!!! And, I intend to read the whole thing! This book gives a complete breakdown on all 6 of the major worldviews and compares and contrasts them. It's very informative and will really help me as I prepare my kids.
Speaking of books.... I never mentioned this, I don't think, but maybe I did. I don't remember. Anyway, one of my "unofficial" New Year's resolutions was to finish all the books I've started but not finished, before I begin any new books. Well, I'm chomping at the bit to start a couple new books, so I'm reading away these days. I'm going to try to list all my current books I'm working on in a column on the side so you can see as I finish them.
Ok, I gotta go, since we're going to be late for speech class, so I'll finish later. Have a great day!
Mylinda :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment