Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

It's here! I'm 40 today!! Yipee!!
I know I'm not supposed to be excited about turning 40, but what can I say?? I am!! :-)

I've noticed some good things in the last few months, related to getting older. Chief among them is that I'm much more relaxed about other people. I mean, I'm getting where I care less and less what others think of me. Now, I realize that can be a good thing or a bad thing, but for me, who is a people-pleasing, non-confrontationalist (is that a word??), it's definitely a good thing. My whole life I've gone out of my way to make sure people aren't mad at me for....well, whatever. But now, I'm not seeming to care. It's so cool! I'm just like, "Well, if you don't like me, it's ok. I'm still ok." My anxiety about things seems to be lessening and it's awesome!! Of course, there's some not so good stuff, too, like my body being a little more stiff each day. Oh well. It can't be all good, right?? lol

So, yes, I will have a great day and yes, I'm excited about turning 40. Now, don't forget to stop by and leave me a comment today, since I'm such an attention hog on my birthday! :-)
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
The Birthday Girl!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday, Sweetie. I hope you have a great day. Just remember you're not getting older, you're getting better! Much love, as always, Mom

Leslie said...

We all want to wish you a happy birthday!!! and yes that means Richard too. He's looking over my shoulder as I'm typing this! We love and miss you very much and wish we could help you celebrate.

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRHTDAY! I hope you were really surprised at your party tonight. I got the invite but was unable to make it. I'm sure it was a big see of people in purple showing you how much your are appreciated and loved. Have a great week.