Ok, so I haven't gotten to the pictures as quick as I thought....sorry. But, we did have some fun/exciting events this weekend. First, on Saturday, we went to a Bat Mitzvah. That was really fun, especially since it was for a Messianic Jew friend of ours. We've known the family for about 12 years or so. What a neat experience and how much fun!! The young lady did a great job at her reading and since they moved about 6 years ago, we have only seen them sporadically, so she'd grown up so much into a beautiful young lady. Anyway, I'd always wanted to go to one of those, so I was very excited when I got the invitation. I took only the girls and it was a really nice day out for just us girls. Ok, I know my grammar seems to be a little repetitive this morning, and I'm sorry, but I just woke up a few minutes ago. Bear with me.
The next thing was that Nicky started an outage yesterday. Bummer. But, at least he's on days this time. I don't know how he managed that one, but he did, so my life shouldn't be turned quite so upside down the next few weeks. But, now, instead of getting up at his regular 4am, he's having to get up at 3am! Can you imagine, 3am?? Yuck! Oh well. That leads to my last exciting thing.
On Sunday morning, when I woke up at 3am to get Nicky's food ready and get him up, I walked out into the hallway and headed to the bathroom, in the dark. As I passed the girls' room, I saw the shadow shape of a snake head and neck sticking out from under their door. I thought, "Ok, that's either one of the rubber snakes or Mickey. I hope it's Mickey." As I walked by, he pulled his head back a little, so I knew it was Mickey. I turned on the bathroom light and saw that it was, indeed, Mickey. Whoo hoo!!! We found the snake!!! So, I immediately woke up Savannah (at 3am), much to her chagrin, but too bad, and she got up and caught him and put him back in the cage. Yeah!! I'm so happy!!
Ok, so that was our exciting weekend! I still have to put up pix of my mom's visit. I'll do it soon.
Have a great day!
Mylinda :-)
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What is an outage? And 3 a.m. does not sound like a good time, but hey, you found mickey.
He works at a nuclear power plant. Every 18 mos. or so they shut down one of the two reactors to do routine maintenence. It usually lasts from 4-6 weeks with everyone working 7/12's the whole time. He even works alittle longer since he's a supervisor and has paperwork to do at the shift turnover. The schedule stinks, and I'm basically a single parent the whole time, but the money's good and we know it only lasts a limited time. So, it's worth it. :-)
Post a Comment