I must start with a great, big THANK YOU to all of you who helped make my 40th birthday so special and memorable. Here is a brief review of the day.I walked to my car at 7am to take Savannah to school and found a giant card (from my friend Kelly and her 9 children!!) on my windshield, along with some purple and white strings tied to the mirror (there used to be a balloon, but it apparently blew away during the night), and a 20 or so foot long purple and white paper chain attached to the back of the car. Then, I opened the car door and found Nicky's birthday gift in my driver's seat. So sweet.
Mid morning, Ashton gave me a hand massage with lotion and painted my fingernails. Then, she made a nice, big sign that said, "My mom is 40 today!" and taped it to the front door for all the world to see! A little later, my friend, Sarah, stopped by with some Starbucks coffee for me! So sweet. Also, during the course of the day, I received at least 15 phone calls (some with more than one person) from people at Nicky's work. He must have told the whole plant I was turning 40!!
Other phone calls I received were from friends and family in and out of town. My mom even interrupted an office meeting in NC this morning and had everyone in the meeting sing me "Happy Birthday" on the speaker phone! I think I must have gotten at least 15 calls besides the ones from Nicky's work! So sweet.And, my mom's been busy, too. She called enough people to make me receive more than 40 birthday cards in the mail during the last few days. Sixteen on Saturday alone! How fun!
My homeschool group sang Happy Birthday to me at park today, while they were all in on "the secret", and I had no idea. Later, my friend Kelly (from above) was taking me to "dinner", when actually she was the instigator and planner of "the secret". What was "the secret" you ask? Well, my friends had a surprise party for me at my church, with people from church, homeschooling, and otherwise. This was what I saw as we entered the church parking lot.

Now, let me tell you, it is really hard to surprise me. When something is coming up, like my birthday, I always suspect everyone of everything and I pay extra close attention to things people say. I almost had it figured out a couple times, but something else would throw me off. So,this time they really did surprise me. And, they all wore purple...since that's my favorite color....except me!! I wore pink! It was a lot of fun and so special that people would take the time to plan, syncronise, plot, cook, decorate, give, and show up, all for me. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. What a way to start the next 40 years!!
Thank you, Everyone! You all made my day very special and I'll never forget it!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
Mylinda :-)
3 comments:
Well, let me be the first to say what a fun time I had being at your party last night. When I got home, I told Carolyn where I went and she asked me if I played any games. I said, "What, like pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey???" I guess children only think parties are for them. How funny! Too bad, we only get one day a year to celebrate, cuz I love my birthday too. Well, at least you will still have the cards coming for a day or two more. Love, Kathy
Really glad to hear & see that you had such a great Birthday. You really do have some great friends. But then I think you are a great friend to have, too. And don't forget, we're celebrating some more when MaMuz & I come later this month.
Also, since your countdown calendar is empty thought you'd like to know that it is only 295 days until Christmas. love, Mom
Oh that is so exciting! Happy Belated 40th Birthday!!!!! My parents surprise visited me on my birthday and decorated the whole outside of my house. It was a lot of fun and I was truly surprised.
Post a Comment