Thank you to Joanne from Piece of the Puzzle, who tagged me for this meme. Funny enough, just yesterday, Lori from The Simple Life at Home, tagged me for basically the same thing. But, since Joanne's was only 6 and Lori's was 7, I'm going with Joanne. :-) Besides, 6 weird things about me is quite enough, thank you. So, here's the rules:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Ready to see how nutty I am??
1. I'm a germ-a-phobe. I wash my hands incessantly. I don't drink after anyone, not even my own kids. They think I'm nuts. :-) I think the washing hands thing really kicked in when I was teaching preschool years ago, where you had to wash your hands after practically every interaction with the kids....blowing noses, going potty, misc. blood, etc. But, I remember, even as a kid, that I would always wipe off the straw in a drink after my mom drank it. I could tell it hurt her feelings, but I couldn't help it. Funny enough, I found out just a few years ago that my brother is the same way.
2. I started losing my teeth at 27, or so. Well, sort of. I never even had a cavity until I was 17 and then it was only a "half cavity", as the dentist said. It was so small. Then I only had another one at 21 and no more, ever. Then when I was about 27, I ate a Pringle's chip and one of my back teeth just disintegrated into sand-like material. It was so weird. I was absolutely shocked. I went to the dentist and had to have a root canal and cap. I asked him how that could happen when I only ever had 1 1/2 cavities and he told me that apparently, I have very deep ridges in the top of my teeth and food and drinks seep into the top and eventually the tooth rots from the inside out....and you never know til it's too late. He said that this was heriditary and there was nothing I could do to prevent this from happening. (Personally, I think I could have prevented it by not drinking sodas. I think they're the main culprit.) He said I could brush and floss twice and day and have them cleaned every 6 months and this still would have happened. The only thing that could have prevented it is if I had had them sealed with this clear sealer back when I was much younger, like 15 or 16. Bummer. I've had at least 2 or 3 root canals and caps and I'm still missing a couple teeth in the back I never had finished because it's so darn expensive. Oh well. Come to find out, my brother has the same thing and has had several root canals, too. So, my plan is to have my kids' teeth sealed once they're out of braces.
3. I love pictures. I mean, I LOVE pictures. Any pictures. I could find a box of old black and whites at a yard sale and stay there all day looking at them, then feeling sad that some family is missing their heritage here. Hence, I scrapbook....a lot. I have completed 11 or more books in the last 12 years. I'm slower now since I'm getting busier by the day, but I don't want my family's pictures to end up in a yard sale someday because I didn't mark who they were. I even love taking pictures. Currently, I have 4113 pictures on my computer. It's true. Sick, but true. I'm working on printing them and putting them on portable drives so I can finally delete some. Maybe then my computer might run a little faster.
4. I love baseball. Don't know why, but I do. I have my whole life. I don't really like any other sport at all. Not football or soccer or basketball or ice skating or anything....at all. Only baseball. I don't follow the stats...don't have time or interest, but I love to watch it. It's a pretty slow sport to a lot of people, but it's perfect for me. I go to Marlins games whenever I can, but unfortunately, not enough. I remember my dad taking us to spring training games for the Baltimore Orioles in Miami when I was little. He would always buy us hard Oriole helmets. We loved 'em. I don't know if my brother had as much fun as I did, but I was so sad when they moved and we couldn't go anymore. Then, FINALLY, years later, in 1993, we got a real, professional baseball team. I think I went to 5 or 6 games that season alone. I wish they played a little closer and that parking didn't cost so much cuz I'd go all the time! (Maybe it's good they're so far away!) Now, Indy plays tee ball and I hope he and Levi really like it and keep playing for a loooong time!
5. Purple is my favorite color. Always has been, always will be. When I was like 5, I remember my mom (who hates purple) asking me if I couldn't pick another favorite color. My aunt responded with, "Don't worry, she'll outgrow it." Wrong. I never did. I finally convinced my parents to let me paint my bedroom purple when I was 18, to match my purple comforter and purple phone. Then, my wedding color was purple. And, even now, most of my clothes are purple. One day, when Nicky's out of town, I'm going to paint my bedroom purple. Boy, will he be surprised! Then, he can say that this room, like the one when I was 18, is like "the inside of a kool-aid container". LOL
6. I'm not particularly a pack rat, but I almost always take other peoples' old stuff since I know it's still good and I'm "sure" I can find someone who needs it. This is a really bad habit and I usually end up throwing the stuff away. This also causes Nicky a lot of work, like taking the mattress someone gave me that I'm sure would fit the boys' bed, but doesn't, to the dump. He just "loves" when I come home with someone else's old junk. :-) Of course, he can't talk, cuz he really is a pack rat...at least til I get hold of his stuff. :-)
**BONUS**
Here's a bonus quirk. I have this weird love/hate relationship with Diet Coke. I've drunk it since 1987 and can't stop. I know it's bad for me (and my teeth!!) and I know it's really the aspertaine that I'm addicted to, but I just love the taste of it. Now, truly, my favorite drink of all is water....a nice, cold, refreshing glass of water beats DC every time, but in the meantime....well, it's back to feeding my addiction. I've stopped for as long 9 months once, when I was pregnant, but I ordered my girls not to come see me at the hospital without a diet coke in hand. :-) Is that sick, or what?? My name is Mylinda and I've had 3 - two liters of DC today....HELP!! :-)
Ok, so now you know how quirky I am, in case you didn't already know.
:-) And, now I have to tag 6 more people for this meme, so here goes:
Leslie at Me and My Gang, Lisa at Lisa's Homeschool Circus, Kathy at Head for the Hills, Dottie at Our Life, Emily at Macaroni and Cheese, and Tiffany at Life on the Road. Have fun, guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I found all of your weird things very interesting-not weird at all. Well, ok the tooth thing is weird. You really should become a Colorado Rockies fan. Then you could watch baseball wearing your favorite purple color!
My husband drinks diet pepsi by the gallon. I can't keep enough on hand, so he has taken to buying it himself by the cases. (He only drinks it from a can or fountain drink-no plastic bottles.)
Interesting!
I love purple too & I have a love hate relationship with Diet Mt Dew.
Clever name for your blog!
Your Mom says: I don't really hate purple, but really enough is enough. And a second thought, since this "tag" thing is going around, I'm sure glad I don't have a blog. Mom
i'm working on this one...
Post a Comment