Well, this is it! It's officially my 100th post on this blog. It's only taken me 2 years and 4 months! So, as I understand it, according to blogging traditions (Is blogging old enough to have traditions??), I'm supposed to post 100 things about myself on this entry. So, here goes....
1. My favorite color is purple. I bet you didn't know that one!! lol
2. I have red hair. And, did you know that one?? jk
3. I was born in March.
4. My birthstone is aquamarine.
5. But I wish it was amethyst.
6. I love the outdoors.
7. My hobbies include reading,
8. and scrapbooking,
9. and camping.
10. I have 4 kids,
11. but wish I could have had 6.
12. Some people think I'm crazy (but I can't imagine why!)
13. I was born and raised in the same town I live now.
14. I am a born-again Christian.
14. I was baptized when I was 6 years old.
15. I have been married for 18 years.
16. I have been with Nicky for 20 years.
17. My middle name is Anne.
18. I went to college at Miami-Dade and FIU.
19. I am a teacher by profession.
20. I only ever wanted to be a mom, but teaching was ok.
21. My favorite food is ice cream. I think.
22. I also like stovetop popcorn....not microwave. Yuck!
23. I get a headache from powdered cheese topping on stuff like goldfish and cheezits.
24. I was addicted to Diet Coke for about 20 years and 2 months ago gave it up cold turkey.
25. I am a friend to many, but have only a few who are friends to me.
26. I am very gullible, but getting smarter with old age.
27. I am also very naive. Maybe it's just looking for the best in people.
28. I have only one sibling-a brother.
29. I have 2 neices (on my husband's side) and 2 nephews (on my side).
30. I like to ride horses, fast.
31. I love going to the woods.
32. I'm a landlubber, even though most of my family loved the ocean.
33. I can't believe I'm only on 33!!!
34. My favorite holiday is Christmas....big surprise. (Note the countdown on my page!)
35. I love my birthday!
36. I don't mind getting older and proudly tell my age.
37. Most of my friends are older than me.
38. I'll be 40 next March!!
39. I have my ears pierced 2 times on the right side and 3 times on the left side.
40. Why? Cuz I wanted to and I like it! I know, crazy.
41. I teach the girls' missions group at my church.
42. I love kids!
43. I've completed 11 or 12 scrapbooks already, but still have a lot to go.
44. I lived in Michigan for several months when I was 1 year old, because of my dad's job. Too bad I don't remember!
44. My favorite season is fall.
45. My least favorite season is summer.
46. I hate the beach.
47. I wish I could go see the reefs and beautiful ocean without feeling afraid and being able to breathe without the aid of tanks, etc.
48. When I get to heaven, I want to nuzzle in a lion's main.
49. I would like to go to Africa with Nicky someday and go on safari (He can hunt, I'll take the pictures!)
50. I love to sing, but can't carry a tune in a bucket.
51. Ok, halfway there....I biked a 15-mile trail twice. Both times I was pregnant, 5 and 3 months respectively.
52. I've seen a Florida panter in the wild, once.
53. I went to private school from kindergarten until 8th grade.
54. Then I went to public school.
55. I liked public better, but private was better for education.
56. I love homeschooling my kids!
57. I love "learning" things I should have learned in school.
58. I like cats.
59. I like dogs, too, but they have to be big.
60. I hate the "rat" dogs. They're so annoying.
61. I think women should be women and men be men. (That could open a whole can of worms, huh?? Hey, it's my opinion.)
62. I like country music, among other kinds. I think I'm kind of eclectic in this area.
63. I miss my dad.
64. I'm sad he never got to see Levi and that both boys can't know him til heaven.
65. I'm glad I have the hope of Jesus.
66. I spend more money than I should on others.
67. I like snakes and turtles.
68. But I am petrified of lizards....go figure. Childhood trauma, I guess. :-)
69. I love muscle cars.
70. My first car was a muscle car- a 1971 Dodge Charger with a 318 engine. (I had to know that to make they guys think I knew what I was talking about. In reality, I had no idea, except that it went fast...very fast, very quickly. That was a great car!)
71. I'd like one of the new Chargers. They're cool.
72. I'm trying to eat healthier, and make my family do it, too. They hate it.
73. I don't like "exercising". It seems like a big waste of time. I'd rather get my exercise playing a good game of basketball. At least I feel like I'm doing something productive.
74. I hate to backtrack. I'll go out of my way or overload myself, so I don't have to backtrack.
75. I'm not big on change.
76. I can tolerate change, as long as I have some warning so I can prepare myself.
77. Not a big spur-of-the-moment person. But, one of my best friends is, so we balance each other. lol
78. I'm not allergice to anything that I know of....except maybe that powdered cheese stuff.
79. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed when I was 13. I looked like a chipmunk, but it didn't stop me from talking! lol
80. I would love to visit the American West and Ireland and Alaska.
81. I'm very easily impressed and entertained. It's sad, really, but hey, it doesn't take much. Maybe that's why I like kids so much...I'm just like them!! lol
82. I am right-handed, but left eye dominant. Consequently, I can't shoot rifles.
82. I can shoot just as well left-handed as right-handed. I can bat like that, too. I was a valuable switch hitter when I was in high school.
83. I hate breakfast, unless I'm eating out. And, even then, I have to be in the mood.
84. I never liked dark chocolate until the last couple years. I think my tastes are changing.
85. I had natural childbirth with my first 3 kids, but a c-section with the last.
86. I like to listen to the rain when I'm in the woods. It's a beautiful and peaceful sound.
87. I work better in the kitchen or around the house if I play music.
88. Unfortunately, I work well under pressure.
89. My favorite pet ever was a german shepherd I had when I was a kid. Of course, the prarie dog we had was cool, too.
90. I went and saw "Gone With the Wind" in the movie theater when I was about 10. It's been one of my favorites ever since.
91. I also saw "The King and I" on stage when I was about 12, with Yule Brenner playing the king. Cool, huh??
92. I like my calendars to show specific theme pictures for each month: snow for Jan, hearts for Feb, clovers or springtime for March, eggs/Easter for April, flowers for May, summery bugs or brides for June, flags for July, beach for August, school for Sept, pumpkins for Oct, Thanksgiving or harvest for Nov, Christmas for Dec. I will or won't buy a calendar (for the wall) based on the pictures. Weird, I know. What can I say?
93. I tend to be a perfectionist in some areas and a stickler for rules.
94. I like things done the way I think they should be done, even if it's not my way.
95. I learned how to ride/drive a motorcycle when I was 6 years old. Yes, it's true. My dad would start it and shift it into gear, then I would drive and he'd jump off.
96. I crashed into our chicken coop about the same time, but I was fine.
97. I didn't want to get back on, but my dad made me. I'm glad, cuz now I'm not afraid to ride them. Motorcycles are awesome!
98. I'm very grateful for friendship and laughter.
99. I'm glad I serve a risen saviour.
100. I'm glad I'm done with this! Whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ok, so does this mean you hate my dog?
And so you were fine, but what about the chickens?
Congrats on hitting 100!!!
why to go with the diet coke. I loved you list. :)
Lori, no, I don't hate your dog....as long as he stays away from me. lol JK They're ok, I just wouldn't want one. And, as for the poor chickens, they were long dead, but my dad had never gotten around to taking down the coop. Of course, my mom came up and said, "You bent my handlebars!" I was shocked that she cared more about the bike than her own daughter. Of course, looking back, it's obvious she saw I was ok then tried to lighten things up.
Amy, thanks for the kudos on the diet coke. It wasn't hard, either. I just decided it was time. I know me and I know (cuz I've done it before) that I can't quit and then have "just one" later. It doesn't work. I'm weak in this area, so it's been since July 15. Pretty good, huh? Though, I don't know. Since I didn't have to force myself to quit this time, and it sorta just came naturally, maybe I could have just one every now and then, but I think I'll wait a little longer before I try. :-)
Oh, I so enjoyed getting to know you better through your 100th post. I know I'm a little late commenting though.
In reference to Levi growing up and his kids, your sister-in-law would say, "Don't put the mother-in-law curse on his wife to be".
Congratulations on "1,000", but it looked to me like "1032"???
And by the way I did notice that you're using "my" picture for the top of your blog...uhuh...uhuh Mom
Post a Comment