Every morning I take Savannah to school at 7am. I'm going West. Once I drop her off, I turn around and go home, heading East. Then I see it. Every morning God sends us a sunrise. Sometimes it's blindingly bright and other times it's breathtakingly beautiful. Sometimes it takes my breath away. I've begun looking forward to seeing the sunrise on my way home each morning. I always peek at it before I head West to see what I'm in for this time, but then when I turn around, there it is! God's handiwork in all it's glory! I can't help but praise Him the whole way home. I don't like getting up at 6 each morning, but that sunrise and "Good Morning!" from the Lord is soo worth it!
Isn't it interesting how in this ugly and dying world He can infuse His glory in such beauty?? No matter how people try to deny His existence, there's no escape from Him. He tries to woo us every single day, if only we will pay attention! So many times we are so busy (the enemy's best tactic, in my opinion!) that we just walk (or run) right by the beauty He has created just for us. How sad. That must hurt His feelings... I know it would mine! Here He creates this beautiful work of art (in the sunrise or any other of His infinite creations) and we just don't see it. But, if we purpose to pay attention to His details, we can see so many of His precious gifts and reminders of His love for us, even as we are.
I don't know about you, but I'm going to try to pay more attention to His creations as I go about my busy day. I challenge you to notice something you haven't before, or something you haven't noticed for a long time. Look around today and see if you can get a glimpse of the Lord's glory and beauty in our busy and dying world. It's there....you just have to slow down and notice!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This was beautiful, Mylinda, and such a good reminder of all the beauty God has given us. We just need to slow down and take a look at the world around us.
Glad you get those special moments in the morning!
How is Savannah's schooling going? We almost put the older kids in school this year. Maybe next year will be easier for us when the younger kids aren't so young.
Post a Comment