Friday, June 22, 2007

Windows or not?

We were supposed to get our windows replaced beginning today, but because of the rain, they're behind on a couple other jobs. They called me yesterday to tell me that they were going to finish the other jobs this weekend and they'll be here Monday. We'll see. Hopefully, if they make it here on Monday, they'll finish on Tuesday. That would be wonderful! Aahh, the joys of construction!! lol

On a side note....Did I tell you that on May 30th someone backed into me in a parking lot?? Yes, they did damage to my car....a lot. That was a Wednesday and after calls to State Farm (many calls), I finally took it into an "approved" State Farm shop on the following Monday. That was June 4. It was supposed to take 2 weeks, so I was able to get a rental, at the other person's expense. Thank Goodness! But, here it is almost 3 weeks later and it won't be ready til the end of next week. We'll see. So, I've had to get two extensions on the rental. You know. having a rental is like going on vacation. You're so excited when you go, but after awhile you're ready to go home. Well, this van is really nice and newer than mine and I think I'd trade my car just for the trunk in this one!! lol But, I'm tired of it and ready to get my own car back. I miss it. I'm comfortable in it. (whining) I want to go home!!! (whine, whine) LOL So, hopefully, but next weekend, I'll have my own car back, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what actually happens.

On a lighter note....Nicky is taking two weeks off work! YEA!! I'm so excited! It'll be fun having him around. Of course, I guess that's like going on vacation, too. After two weeks, I'll be ready for him to go back to work. LOL Of course, I'm sure that after two weeks with one "LUCY" wife and 4 kids he'll be ready to go back to work!! lol

Well, have a great weekend everyone and I'll let you know when the windows get in. CYA!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)

1 comment:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Aaaaaaccccckkkkkk! You must be so frustrated to not have your windows in. I know how much you were looking forward to that, and to having the a/c done too.

Ok, I've wondered, but now I must ask. What on earth does CYA mean?