Hi everyone!
Well, we're doing Vacation Bible School this week at our church. It's fun, but as many of you know, very busy....and exhausting. It's different this year, as we're doing it at night. They cut an hour out, so it's only two hours, but it is still very tiring. My class size is way down this year, so I wonder if they'll go back to days next year. Having VBS at night seems to be "the thing" now, as most local churches are doing a nighttime VBS. I like days better. Oh well.
Yesterday Nicky had yet another tooth pulled. It was in the very back and was the cause for having the wisdom teeth pulled in the first place. The impacted wisdom teeth were moving into this one, which was cracked from the pressure from the wisdom teeth. Ouch! Boy, has he had lots of pain lately. So, yesterday that one came out too. We went to an endodontist (sp?) first to see if it could be saved, but he said to just pull it. Apparently, there was so little of the tooth left that was worth saving that he figured it would be better to just pull it. I'm glad he was honest and didn't advise us to save it and charge us a bunch of money for nothing. So, we considered implants until they told us yesterday that implants are about $2500 apiece and then the regular dentist has to put a crown or cap or something on it, which I'm sure would cost at least $300- $400. So, we said forget it. It's a back tooth anyway and if he finds it's just unbearable, we can always do something. Personally, I have at least two back teeth that have been taken out and never replaced. It won't bother him. Hopefully!
Last night there was a majorly fierce storm that blew thru so quickly we barely had time to prepare. Just a typical summer thunderstorm, but it had a LOT of wind with it, so it got a little scary for the kids. We lost power, as many did, but ours was off for about 8 hours. Usually it's back on within a couple hours, but 8?!? I was so glad to get it back on. I always buy the kids their own flashlights at the beginning of hurricane season. Just those cheapie ones that come two in a pack from like Ray-o-Vac or something. I get each one a different color and we put them away til a hurricane comes. When they're little, like Indy's age now, they always want them immediately. Then when I say no, when the first little rainstorm comes, they want them, because it's a "storm". It's funny, really, but I try to hold them off for as long as I can. The longer I hold them off, the longer the flashlights last. They're usually beaten up by the middle or end of October. I read once that it gives the kids a sense of something they can control when they have their own flashlight in a hurricane. A sense of security, if you will. It's convenient, too, having so many flashlights around; we're bound to find someone's light. But, Daddy doens't think it's a great idea at all, especailly when a small child wants to see what Daddy's doing/fixing when there's no power. Why? Because it always ends up in his eyes. A couple years ago, he said, "Who gives a two year old their own flashlight??" when Indy was watching intently as Dad fixed something in the dark. It was pretty funny, actually. lol But, it's fun, no matter what.
Well, I guess that's it for now. I've got another recipe I tried and everyone really liked....amazing! So, I'm going to post it as soon as I can. Gotta run.
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe your power was out for 8 hours!! Next time you guys need to come over here. We hardly ever lose power - unless it's a real hurricane or something. Call and everyone can come swim or just hang!
Post a Comment