Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Here at last!!

YAY! My windows are finally in! Well, mostly anyway. As I write this, the window guys are finishing up on the last window. I'm sooo excited! And, boy, what a difference in the temp. of the house! We're finally able to get some breezes going through the house! Take a look at these beauties!


This is the front of the house and the back room of the house. We've had a shutter over this single window for years. Finally, some light! And air! :-)






This is the kitchen window. Isn't it beaauuutiful?!?!








This is the back room and the final window they are woking on right now. It's kinda cool seeing the window holes with no windows in them and watching it go from an old ugly thing to a brand new beauty.





As an added bonus....Nicky's off for two weeks and he's finding lots to do around here. If you've ever been in my back yard, you know we have an old junky shed (which was new and beautiful 14 years ago) out the back door. This week Nicky's taken it down along with all the rotten wood base and rotten plywood (our old "shutters") behind it. I'm so excited how much room we're getting in our back yard now! Now, if we can get some grass to grow there, we'll be in good shape!

2 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

Your windows are fantastic!!! I'm sure it's a real blessing to be able to open them all up and enjoy the breeze.

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Whoo-hoo!!! How exciting! And they look really pretty too. I like the ones that have that "window pane" look to them. I think it adds a lot of character to the house.

Now bring on the a/c!!