Thursday, October 04, 2007

You've probably wondered where I've been. Well, my modem died on Monday, so I've been without internet all week. I finally got a new one and was able to replace it. Yay!!

Today I took the boys to the doctor for their annual check ups, which I was supposed to do in the summer, but didn't. Anyway, Indy got a shot and Levi somehow got off scott free!! Lucky duck! :-) It was funny cuz this morning when I told Indy he was going to get a shot today, he asked, "What's a shot?" I couldn't believe my ears! Yes, he's had shots before, but I guess he was so young that he didn't remember. It was funny, but boy, did he find out what a shot was! You're probably wondering why I'd tell him he's getting a shot, but the fact is that he's the kind of person who needs to know what's going to happen next. Here's an example: Last week it was raining so hard all day on Monday and Tuesday. He had a game scheduled on Monday, and I figured they'd cancel it (why this didn't occur to Indy, I'll never know), but just a couple seconds after I thought, "Gee, I ought to warn Indy that they might cancel his game," the team mom called to let us know it was cancelled. No surprise, but Indy just flipped! I just stood there and looked at him, amazed, but he was yelling and throwing stuff, and kicking the ground...just totally enraged. The next day he had a practice scheduled, but same as the day before it rained all day, so I figured they'd cancel the practice. As soon as it occured to me that it wouldn't clear in time for the practice, I warned him that they might cancel practice because of the rain. He said, "OK" and was fine. About 30 minutes later, the team mom called to let us know that they had, indeed, cancelled practice. So, I told Indy, "OK, she just called and they cancelled practice". He again said, "Ok. I know it's raining." Totally different response. And, I've seen it before in him. I have to say that he's like me in that area. I don't mind a change of plans as long as I have time to mentally deal with it. So, I thought it would be better to let him know ahead of time about the shot so we didn't get in the room and when the dr. started to get it ready, him freak out. But, it backfired since he didn't even know what a shot was. lol

Well, I guess that's it for now. I just wanted to let you know I hadn't run away to Paris or something. I'm still here and now with a new modem. Talk to you next time.
Mylinda :-)

1 comment:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Hey, if you ever come back to the blogging world, there's a little something for you over on my blog!