Monday, October 29, 2007

A New Teenager!

Yesterday was Ashton's 13th birthday! Happy Birthday, Sweetie!


Ashton is such a gift to our family. She's sweet and loving and just LOVES to give gifts. Ashton was our tiniest baby weighing in at only 6.2 lbs. which scared us since the scale was set on metric and read something like 3.2 something. In the split second, until they changed it to lbs., I decided I wasn't leaving that hospital without that baby! Kinda funny since a few seconds later they changed the setting and the whole scenario changed. lol

Ashton has always been her own person, without a doubt. She has always dressed in her own way, without a care of what others thought. She wears what she likes and has her own style. One day, when she was about 5 or 6, we went to Target and she found this funky, felt, zebra-striped cowboy hat. Waaay too funny. She was so excited to show it to me and I let her wear it around the store, where everyone ooohed and aahhed to her pure joy. When we went to check out, I was going to make her put it back, but I told her, "Oh, let's just see how much it is." The guy went to scan it, but there was no tag. He asked how much it was worth to me, and I said, "A dollar?" He said, "OK" and entered $1.00. She was sooo happy to get to keep the hat. She wore it everywhere for weeks, months, which completely mortified her father, but I encouraged her independence. She definitely marches to her own drum! :-)
Ashton loves Jesus and bears His fruit all the time. We are so proud of the young lady she is becoming and we feel so blessed that she is part of our family.

We LOVE you, Ashton!!

1 comment:

Truth said...

A very big Happy Birthday to Ashton! I love the hat story. Isn't it a blessing when a store clerk seems to be straight from the hand of God offering a gift? Ashton sounds a bit like my Sarabeth. Did you see my post on her Adventure Pants? http://live4truth13.blogspot.com/2006/09/adventure-pants-i-dont-recall-exactly.html
The zebra hat sounds like exactly something she would have loved too.