Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Oh, Sleep, Mine Enemy?

Last night, after going to bed, at I don't even know what time, I was lying in bed thinking. (I know you do it, too!) I was thinking of all the things I needed to do.
*I had laundry to do.
*I had lesson plans to plan for my co-op this morning, which I didn't have time to do yesterday.
*I had dishes to do, which an "unnamed" child was supposed to do while I was out, but conveniently forgot.
*I had some things to organize.
*I had a cookbook I've really wanted to look at, but haven't had time.
And then, I thought to myself, "Man! I wish I didn't have to sleep! Darn sleep! If only I didn't have to sleep I could get so much done!" Then I thought, "WHAT am I thinking!?! Of course, I have to sleep. I NEED to sleep. But, wouldn't it be nice if I didn't need to sleep?" Then, the Lord turned my complaining into gratefulness that He is so much smarter than me. I'm so glad He made us to need rest. If I didn't HAVE to sleep, I'd work myself to death, literally. My natural instinct is to just keep going til I drop. Lucky for me, bedtime comes before I drop. So, I guess sleep isn't my enemy after all. I guess it's really my friend.

"Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; FOR SO HE GIVES HIS BELOVED SLEEP."
Psalm 127:1-2
I guess I should go to bed now, since it's vain for me to sit up late. lol I just Love Jesus. He's so kind to us, even though we act so silly!
Have a good sleep tonight!
Mylinda :-)

1 comment:

Truth said...

I am VERY thankful for sleep! Isn't He just a gentleman? Always so kindly pointing out how much wiser his ways are than ours.