Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ramblings....

Sorry I haven't been around much the last few days. We've been busy, but as I keep trying to think of things to post about, I come up blank. I mean, we do plenty of stuff, but is it "blogworthy"? I don't think so. Maybe it is, I don't know.

Indy's been playing his t-ball games and doing great. He has such a wonderful time and his coach is so great because he totally doesn't stress these little guys out. This has only served to increase Indy's love of the game, which I am very grateful for.
After Ashton's birthday, we had a surprise party for her the following week and she was very surprised. She had a blast and enjoyed being with all her friends. We even did a scavenger hunt throughout the neighborhood, which was a huge success. Basically, she's been doing schoolwork and hanging out with friends lately.

Savannah's been doing well in school and spending a lot of time on the computer keeping in touch with friends through that. She's growing up so much and it's difficult for me to adjust, but I'm working on it. :-)

Levi....well, he's Levi. What can I say?? lol
I did forget to tell you about the RibFest. Each year in the next town, there is a big RibFest, which is kind of like a chili cook off, but it's with ribs. There's lots of food, fun, and music. We've never gone, but this year I won tickets from a radio station for not only entrance, but also for a "meet and greet" with the country star who was performing, and that included VIP seating for the concert. I was thrilled to win, and even though I'd heard of the star, Phil Vasser, I had no idea which songs he actually sang. So, I had to go on itunes to listen and I actually like some of his songs.....thank goodness. Anyway, we had a lot of fun. They had a VIP tent for us with free food and drinks, but most important of all....SHADE!!! There was hardly any shade and it was hot. So, that was wonderful. We looked at old cars and motorcycles and animals and crafts. There were games and bounce houses and lots of people. But, we did have fun and it was wonderful to just spend the day together as a family with no one pulling us in different directions. Here, wait, I'll post a couple pictures.....






Savannah liked this hippie van that had a sticker saying, "non-hippie van". Funny, huh? Then, of course, Ashton found a bungee jump thing. She just loves those!! We played some little games with the boys like a baseball throw and ring toss. Here Nicky fishes with the boys. They didn't catch any real fish, but they did get some real toys!
Here's our family at the meet and greet with Phil Vasser. He was very nice and signed several pictures for us....one for each of the kids plus mom!













Here's Nicky and Ashton ready for the concert. I think they boys aren't quite as ready. I think they'd rather play!! lol



Our VIP seating was great for close up shots of the concert!!











Toward the end of the day, the boys had had it and were completely wiped out. Levi actually fell asleep at the very beginning of the concert and slept through the WHOLE thing....even with the speakers just yards away!! Even Indy finally fell asleep and took a few minutes' nap. Good thing mom makes a good pillow, huh?? LOL Later, as we were walking out to the car, the sunset was so beautiful I just had to take a picture. All in all, it was a great day.
I guess I had more to share than I thought!! lol Talk to you soon! I promise!! :-)
















































































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an exciting post...you won tickets and had a great family day! Sounds like fun. Kathy

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited for you. i like phil vasser. sounds like you had a great day.