Wednesday, November 21, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Hi Everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving! You know, I was trying to decide on what to write for Thanksgiving, but I was having a difficult time. I could tell you how grateful I am for all my blessings, and I truly am. I have a husband who loves me, four healthy and wonderful children, my mom and Nicky's parents are still with us, and many extended family members. I have some great friends who have stuck with me through some very difficult times and with whom I share much laughter. I have a home, a working vehicle, a source of income, and I live within driving distance of "the woods". I have a fantastic homeschool support group and live in a very homeschool friendly state. I live in a free country where I am able to worship how I see fit and I have a wonderful church. Above all, I am grateful to God that He allowed His son to be sacrificed for me....little ole me. Amazing, huh? And, because of that sacrifice I can come into the Almighty's presence any time I want. Thank you, God. I am grateful for all these things, but I would also like to share some Thanksgiving memories with you.

Click to play Autumn
Slide shows and scrapbooks - Powered by Smilebox
Make a slide show, scrapbook or ecard

As you can see from the memories above, we have lots of fun during fall! My mom sends us a box full of fall leaves, which is always a big hit. And, somehow, all the neighborhood kids end up at my house in the big leaf fray. How does that happen?? lol Also, a few years ago, we began the tradition of letting the kids make their own gingerbread house on Thanksgiving evening. We usually have our big meal around 1-2 pm, so I have plenty of time to clean up and just enjoy the rest of the day. So, after watching the Macy's parade and lately, the dog show afterwards, later in the day, the activity seems to slow down. That's when we do the gingerbread houses. The girls are getting much better at it! I think Indy's only done it once or twice, but this year Levi finally gets to join in on the fun. We'll see how much of the house actually gets built and how much gets eaten! LOL And, of course, one of our favorite fall traditions is to visit the pumpkin patch.

Well, I wish all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving day tomorrow and ask that you remember, in your prayers, all the servicemen and women serving away from their families this year. And, remember all your blessings from the Lord, including life itself.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Mylinda :-)

No comments: