Monday, February 05, 2007

We won!

I can't believe it's been a whole week since I posted. Sorry, to those of you who read it often. I know I am disappointed when someone doesn't post on their blog for several days. Time just seems to fly by way too quickly! How does that happen??

Anyway, Ashton won her basketball game this weekend. We were sooo excited! Poor Ashton. Her soccer teams for the last two years have had all losses and no wins and her basketball team two years ago did the same. So, it's been at least two years of sports since she's even had her team win any game. She was so excited! She even made one of the baskets!

Let's see, what else happened last week? Well, our homeschool group had their annual International Day, which the girls participated in by doing reports/presentations on Kenya and Ukraine. Heaven forbid they do the same country! :-) They did great and we had fun learning about those countries and attempting to cook some of their food. Though, the food did turn out pretty good. Overall, the week was pretty boring. Just the same stuff over and over again...schoolwork, pay bills, grocery shop, basketball, shooting, church, etc. Oh, Nicky did take Indy out fishing in the Everglades on Friday night. They had a great time, even though they didn't catch anything. They went out Friday and fished at night then Saturday they worked on the (swamp) buggy and BBQ'd some of Nicky's deer meat. They came home Saturday night. It was nice not having to cook on Friday or Saturday. I just picked up take out on Friday and Saturday, we ate leftovers. Oh, I did go to Curves 3x this week, so that was good. Next week I'll try for 4x, we'll see.

This week will not be so great, as Nicky again starts night shift. I hate that. We dont' get to spend very much time with him at all and the kids and I miss him so much. Oh well...good money. Gotta make some sacrifices. It's also hard to keep the boys quiet while he's trying to sleep. Chuck E. Cheese, here we come! :-)

Well, I guess that's it for now. We're having ribs for dinner tonight with homemade potatoe salad. I'm boiling them now and then I'll put them on the George Forman grill with some BBQ sauce. That should be interesting. I'll let you know how they turn out. Speaking of ribs: "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs." Genesis 9:3 Enjoy your dinner!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)

No comments: