Well, by the time this posts, it will actually be Feb. 15 since I'm actually writing it at 1:56 AM!!!
Why? Why am I up at this ungodly hour? I just finished talking with my mom and wanted to get this posted before the mayhem of tomorrow starts and I get too busy to write a Valentine's day entry.
Today (Valentine's Day) was Savannah's 14th birthday. We, nix that....SHE had a very nice day with lots of attention from friends and family. We took some of her friends to Build-a-Bear Workshop and then out to lunch. They had a ball, and one man even commented that I was a brave woman taking 6 teenage girls out for the day. It was funny. They all had a great time. My bad part of the day was that Nicky's truck had some problems and we had to take it into the shop, which meant he had to take my car to work. Which meant I had to catch a ride to my own daughter's birthday party! What a crazy day! But, we had a lot of fun (besides the $800 spent on the truck). She had a lot of friends call her and wish her a happy birthday.
Earlier this week, she had 3 baby teeth pulled by the oral surgeon. You know, when I was a kid, the dentist pulled baby teeth, if needed. But, no, not now. Now we have to go the oral surgeon and pay $621, yes, $621 for him to pull 3 BABY TEETH! Can you believe that?? It took all of 10 minutes for him to numb the area for the novocane shot, give the shots, let it get numb, pull the teeth, pack her with gauze and deliver her to me. Ten minutes for $621! Man, I should have been an oral surgeon!!! But, at least I don't have to go back again. At least not til the wisdom teeth need to be pulled! ARGH!!!
I was reading some of my friends' blogs and their thoughts on Valentine's Day. Let me just say that we lost Valentine's Day the day Savannah was born. Now it is her day. Every year, I get my kids some little candy thing and a helium balloon for Valentine's Day, but it is Savannah's day and she gets the lion's share of the attention. Our anniversary is so close to Valentine's day that we really don't celebrate it as a "love" day. It's more of a birthday day. Maybe someday when she is grown and gone we will celebrate it again as a "love" day. Maybe we'll even go out to eat that day....naaaa, too crowded. We'll wait til the 15th.
"Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." I Corinthians 13:13
Have a LOVEly week,
Mylinda :-)
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment