
Well, I tried to post yesterday, but I accidentally deleted it, after much thought and writing, so, fristrated, I decided to wait until today to retry it. :-) Sooo...
Merry Christmas, everyone!
We have had a very busy week, as you can imagine! Last Wednesday, we had a visit at our home from Santa! The boys were shocked! Indy was excited to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas, after being assured from me that this was actually Santa. (I had told him the ones in the stores were Santa's helpers.) Levi was way more stand-offish until Santa gave him a candy cane. Then he at least allowed me to get a picture of him with Santa. It was fun. That same night, while preparing dinner, we were "elfed". Now, you're probably wondering what that is, but it's actually really neat! Someone knocked on our door and ran, leaving a gift basket on our porch, with a colored picture of an elf and directions telling us to "elf" two other people. The girls thought this was great fun, so after a trip to the dollar store the next day, we secretly delivered our elf baskets to 3 families. I think they had the most fun knocking and running! :-)
Friday night we had an early Christmas with Nicky's family at his parents' home. It was a nice evening, especially getting to see our relatives from out of town. The kids love to get together with cousins! Saturday we spent the day cleaning the house. Fun, fun. But, at least we got it all done so we could enjoy Christmas without worrying about a dirty house! (Well, I guess that only applies to me, cause no one else seems to notice!! LOL) On Christmas Eve, we went to church in the morning and then spent the afternoon at home preparing for Christmas. On Sunday night, we had a birthday party for Jesus, with cake and all and then exchanged our love gifts. Before bed we put out cookies and milk for Santa, oatmeal in the yard for the reindeer, and read the Real Christmas story from Luke 2.
On Christmas morning we opened gifts, ate a big breakfast and played with our new toys for awhile. Then I made dinner for us, Nicky's parents, and a friend. It was such a nice day, but since it had been so humid in the days before Christmas, I told Nicky I felt like we were doing a fake Christmas in July. :-) Now of course, today, it's getting cooler. Too bad it wasn't yesterday!
Today we got to meet up at the zoo with some friends who moved to Melbourne, FL. That was really fun. It's amazing to see how big the kids get in such a short time! Or at least it seems short! It's just that we're getting old and time is going faster! LOL
Well, I guess that's it for now. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and will have a blessed new year. So, until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment