Well, today started out kinda slow, but boy did it get full fast! (Don't they always??) Tomorrow is Nicky's birthday, so we (the kids and I) planned a little family party for him, with a Nascar theme. Well, actually, it's a #17 DeWalt car theme, thus all yellow and black. So, this morning I decided to hit party city to see if they had a racecar cake pan, which they did...yea!! We also got some yellow and black crepe paper to decorate with. Then we hit BJ's and Publix. We came home, had some lunch, & I put the boys down for naps. I was "trying" to do some laundry, but the washer has been acting up this week. It's literally dribbling out water into the tub. Do you know how long it takes to do a load of laundry in an extra large capacity washer with water just dribbling out?? It takes 6 hours...I know because I timed it! Six hours for one load of laundry is ridiculous in a house with 6 people, most of whom change their clothes more than once a day! Nicky's already looked at it once and we thought he fixed it, but it started acting up again, so he'll have to take it apart again. Anyway, once the second load of laundry for the day was started, I began reading to the girls. We're reading this really cool book called "A Land Remembered", which is a great historical fiction book about Florida settlers in the late 1800's. It really gives them a picture of life in FL back then. I'm using this as a literature discussion/unit study during the Christmas break. So, anyway, I was reading to the girls and Nicky called. (He's been out hunting since yesterday and will return tomorrow. This is the last weekend of hunting season.) He called to tell us he killed a deer...yea!! I know some of you are saying , "Ugh", but we were excited. This was actually the second one he killed this year. The first was in October, during blackpowder and was a spike. This one is an 8-pointer! For the Everglades, that's huge! Anyway, he wanted us to come out there and see it, but said he wouldn't be back to camp til about dark. So, I kept reading and started writing lesson plans for school once we return from our NC trip. About TWO HOURS later, I realized the time and started freaking out! Oh no, we gotta hurry!! It'll be dark by the time we get there! Luckily the boys were already awake, so we all hustled and we got there ASAP. It's a 1 1/2 hour drive.
We got to see the deer before it was completely taken apart, which the kids loved, of course. (All but Ashton, that is. She's never too impressed with that.) We stayed awhile and thought about staying overnight, but being last minute, it was too much hassle, so we came home. Of course we were hungry, so we stopped and got some food. Now everyone is in bed and Nicky's car cake is baking. I can't wait to ice it. It's gonna look so cool. I'll put a picture in tomorrow, if it comes out good. We'll see.
Well, that's it for today. I hope you all have a great new year! Stay safe and have fun!
Blessings.
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment