Saturday, December 16, 2006

Here I go again...













Kids play in fall leaves Mamo sent. FUN!

Nicky & Mylinda @ Nascar Race in Homestead



Hi! Well, as you can see, it's been awhile since I've written here. But, I recently visited a friend's blog and it inspired me to continue with mine. So, here I go again. Hopefully, this time it will take. We'll see. :-)
It's only 9 days til Christmas! Yea!! We love Christmas and all the happenings. Most of all, we love Jesus and celebrating His birthday. Since we won't be going to Grandma's house on Christmas Eve this year, we'll be staying home and we're going to make a birthday cake for Jesus. That will be fun. And, of course, we will be giving our love gifts. We started this tradition about 3 years ago. The kids love it, but Nicky is not too fond of it. I think he thinks it's dumb, but I think it's a great way to resemble God's love gift to us. We try to keep Christmas Eve as Jesus' day. Well, let me finish with the love gifts first. On Thanksgiving night, we put all our family's names in a hat and we each pick one. It's kinda like secret Santa, but the rule is that not only can you not tell, but you can't buy a gift either. It must be something you made, found, or (something of yours they like you..) give that comes from your heart. The only thing you can buy is parts to put together to make something. Anyway, the kids love it. These are the only gifts we exchange on Christmas Eve. As I was saying before, Christmas Eve is Jesus' day. We honor this by reading the Christmas story from Luke 2 and then exchange love gifts. It's fun and helps us remember the focus.
Well, I'm going to try to post a photo, but we'll see if it comes through. Then, I have to go cause I'm trying to wrap gifts tonight. I'll probably be up late. Nicky's finally off night shift, but has gone to the woods tonight. He'll be home tomorrow night.
Oh, Savannah had her big shooting match today and placed 4th! We were so proud. She is shooting on the Miami-Dade County Junior Rifle Team. There were 12 people shooting and the first place guy became the state champ today. So, she did pretty well. She won a really nice metal. I'll post that photo once I download it to the computer. Well, better go wrap gifts. Talk to you again soon!
Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your kids have really grown! Indy looks just like a boy instead of a little guy. Thanks for sending me your blog address.

Lisa